This just helped me as I was over my 6GB data allowance this month, with a week left in my billing cycle. The new 10GB is $80, which was the price for the 6GB. So, yay.

Also, there's a "Connection Day" promotion going on giving VZW customers 1GB extra data in their current, and next, billing cycle.

Went from being over this month to around 55% used.

Verizon cuts price to share 10GB of data by 20%

Starting today, Verizon cut the price of 10GB of shared data by 20% to $80. The pre-sale price was $100. The nation's largest carrier also reduced the price to share 15GB of the sweet stuff, from $110 to $100. Verizon also raised by 50%, the amount of data that families can share for $40, from 2GB to 3GB. This was in response to AT&T's price cut announced Friday. The carrier cut the price of a 6GB shared data plan by $10 or 13%, to $70 a month.

Despite the price cuts by Verizon and AT&T, Sprint remains the cheapest option for shared data among the nation's four top carriers. Sprint is offering 20GB of shared data for just $100. That happens to be double the 10GB of data that T-Mobile allows you to split for the same price.

In addition to cutting the price of data, Verizon has announced that it will award a $150 bill credit for each customer moving his phone number from his current carrier to Verizon. For a family of four, that would mean a $600 credit that could be applied toward the monthly bill. While the offer is for a limited time, a company spokesman said that no ending date for the program has been decided on.
    11-16-14 02:03 PM
    1. Frustrating they're only doing this because of AT&T. There is almost no competition in this market, making the move of just a single peer company enough to shift pricing structure.
    2. Glad to hear plans are cheaper. $80 for 10Gb is still a lot. We wouldn't accept that rate for Internet service in our homes, why should we from our cell companies?
    I dunno. I am on unlimited even though I use like 3gb a month if I am lucky. But seriously if I lost my grandfathering I would make the best attempt to switch i could.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:49 PM
    I miss my unlimited data plan! I use the mobile hotspot a lot and that eats data.
    11-19-14 08:18 PM
    They doubled my data from 4gb to 8. Same price and no contract extension. Nice. I haven't even been with them for a year.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-19-14 08:23 PM
    Verizon had made that price switch 10gb of data for 80$ awhile ago... 15gb for 100$... att and Verizon are just matching each others every move.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:07 PM