well i am pretty new to the blackberry scene
    i just got my first one not too long ago, like a week?
    and i had to start a new plan with verizon, and searching on the verizon website i stumbled upon ringback tones
    but it said i had to go through the "get it now" thing on my phone, but i cannot find this.
    so if anyone knows how to get ringbacktones with the blackberry 8330 for verizon please let me know, because this is a pretty neat feature and i would really like to use it

(also sorry if this is already answered or talked about, i searched the forums but found no answer that worked)
    07-11-08 10:42 PM
    I am not sure about this, but you may have better luck if you post in the Verizon wireless section.
    07-11-08 10:44 PM
    oh i am sorry, i didnt realize there was one but thank you for letting me know
    07-11-08 10:44 PM
    Try under my account for VZW....
    07-11-08 10:45 PM
    Log in to your acct via the vzw website. You can download and activate your rbt there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 10:50 PM
    the verizon web site says it a couple of bucks a month but the waive the fee when you open an online account then you can get whatever you need
    07-11-08 10:56 PM
    well when i try to do it online from my computer it tells me that the model phone i have doesnt support buying media online and that i have to get to it by going to my media section on the phone and going to get it now and it will take me there, but i dont seem to have anything like that
    07-11-08 10:57 PM
    I have ringback tones on my device. The only way to do this is via the website. There is no get it now on these devices. Under your account there should be a "manage rbt's" section. Did you look there?

07-11-08 10:59 PM
    set up an account on my verizon then go to my account then you can go to perferences and download the ringback tone for 1.99 each per year
    07-11-08 11:08 PM
    i tried using the website
    it just keeps telling me this message

07-11-08 11:18 PM
    I am on the wap forums and cannot see which device you have - please enlighten me.

07-11-08 11:22 PM
    i have the 8330 :/
    i am very angry at the fact that verizon is not letting me do this.
    07-11-08 11:23 PM
    These BB's just have all the bells and whistles don't they?! Mmm I've got the warm fuzzies!!
    07-11-08 11:32 PM
    I also have the curve. I know this can be done, and it is *****ng me off that I can't solve your issue. It is not that the model isn't compatible!! Lol - I would almost let you call my phone just to prove it works!

So you have your device set as the 8330, your account is paid to date, and you have a data plan? And the esn is clear.. Basically all is good?

07-11-08 11:35 PM
    Are you also POSITIVE that you are attemping to purchase a ringBACK tone and not a simple ringtone???

07-11-08 11:38 PM
    okay
    now
    FINALLY
    i went on the mac we have and used that
    because firefox was just ****ing up
    and i finally was able to purchase one!
    but i donno how to set it as the actually tone
    or should it do it automatically. cus right now it has the default orchestra music
    07-11-08 11:39 PM
    I also have a ringback tone on my curve however it was set-up when I had another phone. With the bb being the only phone it may not be available to you. I have a coworker who just opened a new account with a bb and he cant get it either.
    07-11-08 11:39 PM
    I also have the curve. I know this can be done, and it is *****ng me off that I can't solve your issue. It is not that the model isn't compatible!! Lol - I would almost let you call my phone just to prove it works!

So you have your device set as the 8330, your account is paid to date, and you have a data plan? And the esn is clear.. Basically all is good?

Gosh Jenay... I've seen you on here a lot and have read a lot of your posts. And I really appreciate your sense of humor and your willingness to help. You sure do know your stuff
    07-11-08 11:41 PM
    Go to manage my ringback tones. You can set up your default tone, different tones for different callers, etc.

Sooooo glad you got it!

07-11-08 11:41 PM
    yay! it works. thank god!
    i was gonna be staying up all night to figure this out.
    ah
    thank you very much for your help
    because i was just looost
    07-11-08 11:42 PM
    Gosh Jenay... I've seen you on here a lot and have read a lot of your posts. And I really appreciate your sense of humor and your willingness to help. You sure do know your stuff
    Aw why thank you. *blush*

07-11-08 11:43 PM
    yay! it works. thank god!
    i was gonna be staying up all night to figure this out.
    ah
    thank you very much for your help
    because i was just looost
    You're welcome!

I was literally about to call my mum, a vzw employee.

07-11-08 11:44 PM
    You're welcome!

I was literally about to call my mum, a vzw employee.

Me and Jenay was like peas and carrots! lol your mom is a VZW employee?! She can hook it up huh?!
    07-12-08 12:07 AM
    Me and Jenay was like peas and carrots! lol your mom is a VZW employee?! She can hook it up huh?!
    Haha.... Fortunately for me, yes!

And ohhhh man... The forrest gump reference.. You have no idea how often I hear that!

07-12-08 12:09 AM
    And ohhhh man... The forrest gump reference.. You have no idea how often I hear that!
    Oh no Jenay I'm sorry please don't be mad at me... I promise I'm not the typical person that would say something like that
    07-12-08 12:11 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD