My mom bought a Curve 8330 in June as an upgrade to her every 2 years. My brother and I bought the storm. Well the track ball on the curve is having trouble and my mom called Verizon. They told her she would get a new phone, well they sent her a refurbished phone with no battery and no battery back and on top of that they have not extended her contract so she will not be eligible for an upgrade until Nov. 2011 as opposed to Jun. 2011, that has to be a mistake. How ridiculous is that, 3 smartphones with three data plans and a fourth coming for my sister and the try to screw us.
    12-05-09 03:03 PM
    bbb.org

file a claim, someone will get back to you ASAP if customer service wont help.
    12-05-09 03:06 PM
    Okay... did you call customer service and ask what happened?
    12-05-09 03:08 PM
    BBB?

Its more than likely just miscommunication. Since you're mother was not within the first 30 days of her contract, she won't get a brand new phone if her phone defects, she should have been sent exactly what she got: a Certified Like New Replacement, which includes only the phone.

As far as her contract end date, it definitely should not have been pushed back, and technically can't unless she agrees to it...

Once call to CS and this can easily get taken care of...

BBB.... Ha
    12-05-09 03:50 PM
    they have not extended her contract so she will not be eligible for an upgrade until Nov. 2011 as opposed to Jun. 2011, that has to be a mistake.
    Notice here, VZW reps - "will not be eligible for an upgrade" - nothing said about contract extension. For some reason, the NE2 was used for the CLNR.

Listen, then respond.
    12-05-09 05:09 PM
    Notice here, VZW reps - "will not be eligible for an upgrade" - nothing said about contract extension. For some reason, the NE2 was used for the CLNR.

Listen, then respond.
    If the NE2 was used, and the code was entered as such, they would not have received a CLNR in its place.
    12-05-09 05:31 PM
    If the NE2 was used, and the code was entered as such, they would not have received a CLNR in its place.
    I understand that - so there is a piece of the puzzle missing. I was pointing out that the OP never said the contract was extended.
    12-05-09 05:33 PM
    I understand that - so there is a piece of the puzzle missing. I was pointing out that the OP never said the contract was extended.
    I believe something is missing too. Because a CLNR would not have extended the contract, unless it was new, but it wasn't. A new device could extend the contract, a multi would have extended the upgrade. Something doesn't add up.

To the OP, I would call in and get things cleared up. I am unsure what advise to give as I can not look at the account and the story doesn't make sense to me.
    12-05-09 05:38 PM
    Correct... it appears that they got a FRU/CLNR which would not change the upgrade/NE2 date. I don't understand why the OP thinks the dates would change. Obviously, there is a misunderstanding with everyone involved. The OP is not entitled to a brand new phone just because the trackball isn't working.
    12-05-09 05:48 PM
    Curve trackballs can be replaced...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 06:41 PM
    ya for like 6 bucks on fonlogix..........replace it yourself.....imho
    12-05-09 07:12 PM
    ya for like 6 bucks on fonlogix..........replace it yourself.....imho
    IT LIVES!

Missed you, old friend. Merry Christmas.

Without more info from the OP - assuming the OP has more info - we may not be able to answer this. Speculate, yes - but no resolution.

9 times out of 10 on a Curve/Pearl/G1-type trackball, if you do a simple exercise, problem solved. Pull it, toss it in a small container of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol & allow to soak for at least 15 minutes or even overnight. Roll the ball a few times, then drop it back in. Take an alcohol-soaked swab to the trackball socket to clean out the gunk.

Remove & allow to dry for a few minutes before reassembly.

If you have one or two extra balls, store them in a small sealed container - a 35MM film canister is good, or a screw-top contact lens case is better - filled with alcohol. Change your ball every two to four weeks & you may never have another trackball issue

12-05-09 08:07 PM
    IT LIVES!

Missed you, old friend. Merry Christmas.

Without more info from the OP - assuming the OP has more info - we may not be able to answer this. Speculate, yes - but no resolution.

9 times out of 10 on a Curve/Pearl/G1-type trackball, if you do a simple exercise, problem solved. Pull it, toss it in a small container of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol & allow to soak for at least 15 minutes or even overnight. Roll the ball a few times, then drop it back in. Take an alcohol-soaked swab to the trackball socket to clean out the gunk.

Remove & allow to dry for a few minutes before reassembly.

If you have one or two extra balls, store them in a small sealed container - a 35MM film canister is good, or a screw-top contact lens case is better - filled with alcohol. Change your ball every two to four weeks & you may never have another trackball issue

Thank you for the post. I was more ranting about the lack of respect that this company has shown for loyal and money spending customers.
    12-05-09 10:12 PM
    Thank you for the post. I was more ranting about the lack of respect that this company has shown for loyal and money spending customers.
    I talked to a real nice guy today who had a CLNR on a BB Tour. This account was paying VZW an average of 1 million a month.. nearly 15000 lines.. so.. warranty process goes for anyone. You agreed to it in your customer agreement.

And doesn't every customer spend money?

Last edited by tsguy52; 12-05-09 at 10:25 PM.
    12-05-09 10:23 PM
    And doesn't every customer spend money?
    One thing about VZW - they treat every customer pretty much the same way. Doesn't matter if they're on a $39 plan or a $400 plan. It all depends on the particular rep you get. Because of this, how much someone spends is irrelevant.

What gets me is every bonehead out there thinks that when their Blitz on 450 minutes goes on the fritz (a Blitz Fritz), they think VZW should give them a free Storm2, free texting, free data & waive the ETF - all because they "spend so much money..."

Solution: buy your phones outright & get them serviced through the manufacturer.
    12-05-09 11:14 PM
    A simple call to cs again would probably clear this up without further issue.....
    12-05-09 11:31 PM
    Solution: buy your phones outright & get them serviced through the manufacturer.
    That's exactly how I feel because people hate contracts and ETF's, they hate receiving CLNR, and they blame VZW for MAKING bad phones.
    12-06-09 09:42 AM
    A simple call to cs again would probably clear this up without further issue.....
    That'd be too simple!!
    12-06-09 11:11 AM
    I'm wondering if the missing part is if they used any alternate upgrades at any point in time to get either the curve's or the storm's....
    12-06-09 01:30 PM
    One thing about VZW - they treat every customer pretty much the same way. Doesn't matter if they're on a $39 plan or a $400 plan. It all depends on the particular rep you get. Because of this, how much someone spends is irrelevant.

What gets me is every bonehead out there thinks that when their Blitz on 450 minutes goes on the fritz (a Blitz Fritz), they think VZW should give them a free Storm2, free texting, free data & waive the ETF - all because they "spend so much money..."

Once you talk to customers on the huge corporate accounts, the lowbie with the $39.99 450 min basic plan doesnt seem like they're spending so much even though they think they are.
    12-06-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD