I have to use my phone in an area with weak reception. Verizon rep said he had used a cheapo internal antenna with great results for another type phone. Said he didn't know if any of them worked with Blackberries.

Does anyone know if they work? He specifically mentioned the cheap ones selling for less than $10.

Any help/info is greatly appreciated. It's very frustrating when my calls drop.

I already swapped out the phone. Still have bad reception in a key area with the replacement.

Thanks
    Last edited by cjd92121; 11-30-08 at 06:38 AM.
    11-29-08 07:32 PM
    Um....the Curve gets VERY good reception on Verizon and Sprint. Don't look at bars. Bars don't matter for CDMA. Your curve might be defective.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 07:41 PM
    Um....the Curve gets VERY good reception on Verizon and Sprint. Don't look at bars. Bars don't matter for CDMA. Your curve might be defective.

Verizon may be the network of stellar coverage, but there *are* some dead zones. Unfortunately, one of them is the home of my friend, for whom I dog-sit and work for on a regular basis. I can get emails, and sometimes texts -- but never voice service. She and her husband have ATT and love chattin' it up when I'm there, just to **** me off
    11-29-08 07:54 PM
    I have yet to find a dead zone with VZW. The phone must be defective, I recommend you take it to the store.

11-29-08 07:57 PM
    I have yet to find a dead zone with VZW. The phone must be defective, I recommend you take it to the store.

You wouldn't think so. Especially six miles from Interstate 5. But what can I say? No service.
    11-29-08 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD