Long story short. I signed a two year contract with Verizon 4 months ago after switching from AT&T. I got a Storm. That day, the storm they gave me, the screen became unresponsive so I went back and the gave me a brand new one. About a month later, I got a white screen with an error message that verizon couldnt fix, so they gave a me a replacement. The only Apps I was using was BerryWeather and Facebook. They gave me a replacement. And today the screen on that became unresponsive. I have never dropped these phone, never thrown them, anything.

So today I go into Verizon and show them what wrong, he said he has seen a lot of these lately, and tells me I can either get another Storm, or I can get a new Tour or Curve 2 if I wanted. I was actually surprised. I went in there thinking I was getting another Storm.

I just wanted to tell my story of how Verizon's customer service was. I didnt expect that to happen.
    12-08-09 01:33 PM
    If you switch for any of those phones your contract will be extended...
    12-08-09 01:40 PM
    Yea, thats fine. all I care is that I have a phone that works.
    12-08-09 02:11 PM
    Glad you posted a good story...most people post complaints about devices, service, etc.
    12-08-09 02:15 PM
    Actually NE2 and upgrade dates, no new contract extention under multi-fru.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tsguy52; 12-08-09 at 03:00 PM.
    12-08-09 02:57 PM
    Wrong.

Actually NE2 and upgrade dates, no new contract extention under multi-fru.

Correct. "eligibility dates" are the only dates that change. You wont be able to redeem NE2(if eligible) for 20 months from the time that they give you the brand new replacement phone of a different model.
    12-08-09 03:16 PM
    No, just his upgrade date.

Though, in terms of the "white screen" error, I've never run into one I couldn't fix. If this happened twice in a row, well, it may be one of those "only two" programs you're using. Please remember, it only takes ONE buggy program or corrupt file to crash a computer. And if that's the case, what do you think will happen if the program is installed to a curve? It's not an issue of quantity unless we're talking low memory.

Check threads around Crackberry on "how to revive a dead blackberry" or stuff of that nature.

Generally, you'll do this:

1. Pull battery and plug into computer with Desktop Manager open. (Too late for backups if the device has crashed.)

2. Go into Application Loader, then "Add/Remove applications".

3. Pick what software you want installed (do not install any software you were using when the problem hit), then hit "settings". Make sure "delete all application data" and "delete all installed applications" (bottom two boxes) are checked. Click OK.

4. Put the battery back into the Blackberry.

5. Hit "next". Hit "Finish".

6. Wait until computer says it is OK to unplug. (Device may boot up before then.)

7. Dial *228 and press 1 when it answers.

8. After programming, if you don't immediately see data activity from the Blackberry, go to Options, Advanced Options, then Host Routing Table. Hit the Blackberry logo button and pick "Register Now". Hit "OK". Go back to main screen. If still no activity, give it a soft reset. You'll know everything's up and running when your email icons reappear.

9. Go nuts.

If you have an old backup to restore, go to "Backup and Restore" and hit "Advanced". Try to only restore the PIM info, such as calendar and contacts and whatnot.

Remember that a PDA is a very small computer, and all PDAs of this time are at the level that Windows 98 desktop machines were at. Remember how finicky they were? We're slowly moving into "ME" territory and it may be a year or two before we find ourselves at "XP" level. Until we get to the point that these mobile devices are in the "XP" realm, you're going to have to pay attention to how they're running, no matter what brand, model, or OS.

In order to figure out which program is the culprit, install one of them, then run it for a few weeks. If all is clear, install the other. If you get a crash, you've found the bad program. (It's probably not facebook, since I believe that comes preinstalled.)
    Last edited by Polychrome; 12-08-09 at 03:30 PM.
    12-08-09 03:27 PM
    For saying that, how far was your nose extended?

12-08-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD