I'm getting a storm2. I would like to be able to use the wifi for browsing when I'm home and have wifi which should make browsing faster over verizon data.

I heard from a friend that Verizon might be charging a monthly fee to enable the use of the wifi feature on the phone. It sounds ridiculous to me but then again Verizon seems to charge for everything. (eg. $3/month for visual voicemail)
    11-17-09 02:35 PM
    They aren't charging for wifi. And if you think they charge for everything why not try a different carrier?
    11-17-09 02:38 PM
    They aren't charging for wifi. And if you think they charge for everything why not try a different carrier?
    My company uses Verizon so I'm stuck.

It's a relief to hear that they aren't charging for the use of wifi feature. Thanks!
    11-17-09 02:49 PM
    My company uses Verizon so I'm stuck.

It's a relief to hear that they aren't charging for the use of wifi feature. Thanks!
    Its a company phone that your company pays for so who cares if it costs extra if they're pickin up the bill?
    11-17-09 02:53 PM
    Its a company phone that your company pays for so who cares if it costs extra if they're pickin up the bill?
    My company doesn't let me have paid extra features though. So I can't have visual voicemail for example.
    11-17-09 02:57 PM
    Would it shock anyone if they did charge for wifi? Not me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 03:49 PM
    It's not even possible...
    11-17-09 08:36 PM
    I'm getting a storm2. I would like to be able to use the wifi for browsing when I'm home and have wifi which should make browsing faster over verizon data.

I heard from a friend that Verizon might be charging a monthly fee to enable the use of the wifi feature on the phone. It sounds ridiculous to me but then again Verizon seems to charge for everything. (eg. $3/month for visual voicemail)
    Only one "major" carrier isn't charging for VVM. Everyone else does. The grass isn't always greener

Besides there's always YouMail.
    11-17-09 08:41 PM
    Only one "major" carrier isn't charging for VVM. Everyone else does. The grass isn't always greener

Besides there's always YouMail.
    Yeah it's T-Mo that isn't charging for VVM. YouMail sucks IMO. I don't understand why people won't just pay the $3 and be done with it. It's a nice service and it's a must have IMO. Same with RoadSide assistance and the $2 extended warranty.
    11-17-09 10:29 PM
    It's not even possible...
    Sure it is. VZW could have RIM make two versions of each phone for them. One with Wi-fi and one without. And then they could charge more for the Wi-fi version of the phone......
    11-18-09 07:43 AM
    Yeah it's T-Mo that isn't charging for VVM. YouMail sucks IMO. I don't understand why people won't just pay the $3 and be done with it. It's a nice service and it's a must have IMO. Same with RoadSide assistance and the $2 extended warranty.

AT&T does not charge for their VVM either.
    11-18-09 07:48 AM
    Sure it is. VZW could have RIM make two versions of each phone for them. One with Wi-fi and one without. And then they could charge more for the Wi-fi version of the phone......
    That doesn't even make any sense.

11-18-09 08:28 AM
    Bluerskyes you channel your avatar perfectly. Very funny imo. I can picture Lucy sitting in her help booth, using her bb to post on the forums, saying the exact same things.
    11-18-09 10:47 AM
    Reread it. Makes perfect sense.

Phone without WiFi: $200
    Phone with WiFi: $49.99

11-18-09 10:54 AM
    Why would it be cheaper with wifi?

11-18-09 01:09 PM
    I would not be shocked if they did charge for WIFI some how some way if they wanted too they would do it
    11-18-09 01:58 PM
    If they did I would support it and laugh at all of the drones that b!tch and moan and still pay for it
    11-18-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD