is verizon going broke?
    customer service used to be 24/7... now they have business hours... 24/7 is only for technical emergencies...
    Last edited by Audizine; 12-10-09 at 03:05 AM.
    12-10-09 02:34 AM
    ummmm....

no
    12-10-09 03:00 AM
    ummmm....

no
    i meant to say... used to be 24/7
    12-10-09 03:04 AM
    Maybe at some point in the past, but customer service hasn't been 24/7 for quite awhile. Of course, compare that to Verizon Communications where the customer service call centers shut down promptly at 6 pm and don't work weekends...
    12-10-09 03:13 AM
    nope, been this way for quite a long time now.
    12-10-09 05:09 AM
    is verizon going broke?
    customer service used to be 24/7... now they have business hours... 24/7 is only for technical emergencies...
    Verizon Customer Service is a bit more than 9-5
    Dial *611 from your cell phone
    (800) 922-0204
    Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm
    12-10-09 05:59 AM
    6am to 11pm is very reasonable.
    12-10-09 08:07 AM
    Yeah, but come'on now PK...don't you think you should be able to hit 611 any day or time and your doorbell rings...and there stands a VZW Rep saying "How may I provide you with outstanding service today?"

Or maybe they should set up booths on the expressway where you can pull over and have them check your phone or bill. This way you won't drive and talk or text?

This 6am - 11pm stuff is "like" "way antiquated" "sha"
    12-10-09 08:17 AM
    Seriously, 17 hours out of your day that customer service is available. You should be sleeping the other 7.
    12-10-09 12:02 PM
    And even during the Tech Emergencies time frame, people still want to go over their bill and get diaper rash when you don't, just like the OP.
    12-10-09 12:51 PM
    Wow I didnt even know it was 6am - 11pm. I though it was normal 9 - 5 lol. Well damn thats handy!
    12-10-09 02:04 PM
    I wish we had verizon communications' work schedule.... *mutter grumble*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 08:54 PM
    Seriously, 17 hours out of your day that customer service is available. You should be sleeping the other 7.
    Who can sleep when the berry ain't working right?
    12-10-09 09:23 PM
    Oh at 3 o clock at night, the "respectable" people who own Blackberry's are not the ones that call in.......
    12-10-09 09:30 PM
    Too bad someone else is 24X7...

AT&T

And Sprint

But oooh, yeah - T-Mobile is "only" 0300-2200PT 7days. Automated five hours per day. Eek.

I guess you do get what you pay for.
    12-10-09 10:36 PM
    Oh at 3 o clock at night, the "respectable" people who own Blackberry's are not the ones that call in.......
    And oh, 3AM in California is 6AM in New York. And 3AM in Honolulu is.....

And firefighters, police officers, military personnel, doctors, nurses, contractors, EMTs & pilots - all might find 3AM a normal time.

BlackBerrys are now the phone of choice for crack dealers & pimps...

You were saying about respectable?
    12-10-09 10:38 PM
    AT&T needs to cut their hours and invest in that 3g network.

12-10-09 10:39 PM
    AT&T needs to cut their hours and invest in that 3g network.
    What for? They are putting a huge amount into HSPA - and that will be MUCH more usable for smartphone users than LTE in the near term.
    12-10-09 10:41 PM
    HAHAhahahahaha!!! Even the ones calling in at 11p (which in their timezone is more like 1am) aren't. Twins is right about the "officials" that need to call in at those hours, but I'm yet to take a call from one.
    12-10-09 10:56 PM
    What for? They are putting a huge amount into HSPA - and that will be MUCH more usable for smartphone users than LTE in the near term.
    Yes? What about the long term? Also it seems late night customer service hours do not mean greater customer satisfaction as shown in customer surveys showing at&t at the bottom along w/ sprint. Also those jobs you listed have days off and/or probably do not work 17 hours a day five days a week.

12-10-09 10:59 PM

And firefighters, police officers, military personnel, doctors, nurses, contractors, EMTs & pilots - all might find 3AM a normal time.

When I was on the phone, our center took calls from West Area only, So the occasional Hawaii caller, which we had to assist as normal CS, and mostly MST and PST locales. No NY, no East Coast or Central, at all. NEVER was it someone in need of actual assistance. Trust me.

"I think I lost my phone at the club because I was dancing with this hot chick and she backed it up real hard and I dropped my phone".....That was my favorite.
    12-10-09 11:04 PM
    That is what most of us would define as a "tech call".

"I think I lost my phone at the club because I was dancing with this hot chick and she backed it up real hard and I dropped my phone".....That was my favorite.
    Night shift = Why you should not take your phone drinking.

Imagine, at least one solid hour of nothing but "I LOST MY PHONE!!!!!!!1!!1!!!one!1!"
    12-10-09 11:33 PM
    You get to experience a different side of the VZW customer during overnights. The drunk side. Or the creepy hillbilly that likes to talk to you cuz "your a smart fello".....nice as ****, but they make me hear banjos.

12-11-09 12:52 AM
    you guys forgett to mention that its 6-11 eastern time...... there are vzw call centers on the western seaboard who are waighting to take your calls......never mind, ive got 4 min. till shift ends, so, no, dont call in!!!!
    12-11-09 12:57 AM

Well dad, I normally agree with you, but not here. I am a firefighter, an EMS worker, and I plow snow this time of year - a job that requires me to be on call 24 hours a day. I could literally be awake at any given hour of any given day. However, I don't find it normal to want to call customer service at 3 AM. Tech support perhaps, but since they have 24 hour service, that's not an issue. Some might argue that a phone would "need" to be replaced, but if your phone is that important that you can't go without it, I would expect you to carry a spare seeing as how a replacement won't come for 2 days anyways.

12-11-09 08:03 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD