Hello, first time poster here

For the last few weeks i have been going back and forth......buy curve or go storm.

Keep in mind i use browser more than anything for my job which includes baseball webpages alll day long.

Thank god for this site bc people at verizon were no help as expected. GREAT SITE HERE! after all the research i have concluded that i will wait for the later realeases coming up in spring/summer. niagra, etc.

i am deciding not to jump into storm for now, although hearing good and bad about it.

will there be a BB coming out for verizon for WIFI??

final question... I am going to buy a curve from a friend, will verizon allow me to just switch over my phone and obviously upgrade data plan without renewing contract. (my contract is up though, dont know if that even matters) Will i be able to browse ok on this curve?

I realize i am a pure newby, and prob sound like a pain in the ***, but this site is remarkable!!!

TY Brandon
    02-02-09 10:50 PM
    I'm not sure about the wifi devices coming up. If it is a verizon branded curve you should be able to call them and have the device added. I did it a few years ago.
    02-02-09 10:57 PM
    I hope so, does the curve work well on browser? i am gonna buy a brand new one for 200 verizon branded curve
    02-02-09 11:04 PM
    As long as your friend's Curve is on Verizon, there should be no problem activating it on your account. I activated a used Curve online at verizonwireless.com with no problems, and I was going from a non-smartphone to a BB like you. The online activation "knew" it was a BB from the ESN# and made me choose a data plan right away.

Yes, you don't need to renew your contract when activating a used Curve, or any phone purchased from another source.
    02-02-09 11:07 PM
    Excellent!!! Very excited about this site, how is the curve as a browser and probs with going page to page?
    02-03-09 05:08 PM
    The Specs for the Niagra have not been fully released yet. Some say it will have wifi others say not. We might just have to wait and see. The rumor is Niagra (CMDA Bold) is coming around May, but with VZW you never know.
    02-03-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD