So as we have all heard, Alltel and Verizon are merging together on I believe January 1st. My question is, will the Verizon phones (the Blackberry Storm) become available on the Alltel network? I am under contract with Alltel and hope that the Storm will become available to me. Does anyone know the answer to this?
    11-12-08 05:51 PM
    I imagine it will. My understanding is that Verizon is basically swallowing Verizon so you will end up being a Verizon customer. May take a while though.
    11-12-08 06:32 PM
    Alltel will cease to exist on January 1st, so yes, you will be able to get a Storm.
    11-12-08 07:05 PM
    how is this going to work? will they buy your contract out to make you officialy a verizon customer? I am curious as me and my wife both have some time on the contracts and I'm interested in the storm!
    12-07-08 04:06 PM
    Alltel will cease to exist on January 1st, so yes, you will be able to get a Storm.
    im sure there will be quite a while before they just "cease to exist". lots of merging, product testing, network integration. itll happen, but itll be a while, a long while before it does.
    12-07-08 04:29 PM
    There's a ton of info on HoFo, I haven't really followed it that close since it doesn't really directly effect me..HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Temporary Verizon/Alltel buyout discussion forum, Chad is sad..
    12-07-08 04:36 PM
    i tell you it a shame that all the little company's keep getting bought by the bigger company's its going to end up with about four wireless company's. look at all the mess that the big outfits on wall street have caused those big banks control the country and big wireless control the air waves they just buy up their competitors.
    12-07-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD