Does anybody know when the merger will happen? I live in an alltel zone and have verizon and unable to use my email and browser due to being on an extended network. I talk to a alltel rep out here and he said that it should happen by the end of the year or around jan of next year. Also he said that with this all of alltel signals and networks will turn in to verizon , enabling me to use my data plan efficiently. Is this the truth or what others have heard?
    Last edited by keithen10; 09-14-08 at 08:11 PM.
    09-14-08 08:57 AM
    Sorry to say there is not date that is definate yet - other than maybe the end of this year. Calling VZW will not help as they are not allowed to talk about it as Alltel at this time is still a comptetitor and the FCC forwns upon talking about the merger. Best thing to is just keep an ear open.
    09-14-08 09:10 AM
    There is a new long term roaming agreement between Alltel & Verizon that will be in place soon, and will remain in place even if the merger never happens so your issues should go away when the new PRLs supporting that roaming agreement are released by both companies. I know Alltel is testing their new PRL.
    09-14-08 09:59 AM
    This is where you'll get alot of merger news and rumors...
    alltel/vzw...
    09-14-08 12:21 PM
    Just switch to Verizon if your contract is already over. Alltel also has roaming agreement with Sprint, which I wonder why - Sprint's roaming is through Verizon too.
    09-14-08 12:27 PM
    Am I hearing right? Alltel & Verizon will become 1. No way!!!
    09-14-08 12:28 PM
    Yep all the way. This is plan
    09-14-08 12:48 PM
    Does anybody know when the merger will happen? I live in an alltel zone and unable to use my email and browser due to being on an extended network. I talk to a alltel rep out here and he said that it should happen by the end of the year or around jan of next year. Also he said that with this all of alltel signals and networks will turn in to verizon , enabling me to use my data plan efficiently. Is this the truth or what others have heard?
    Keithen, from what I understand you should be able to port out of alltel and start a verizon account free of charge. Call alltell and verizon cust service to be sure. This was the case with sprint/nextel though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 04:05 PM
    i have verizon im sayin i live in an alltel area(extended network) and im not able to use my email and browser due to me being outside of a verizon wireless zone and just asking when alltel and verizon merge will i be able to get a verizon wireless signal in stead of alltel.
    09-14-08 08:00 PM
    I live in nothern wv. I am always in extended network I have no issues with verizon I get email and data with no prob. I am not sure why you can't my data (serfing the web) is slower than if I were in verizon teritory but I have no isues, the closest verizon wireless in 25 miles away

09-14-08 08:07 PM
    All tell feels like a hanger on to me, Sorry Jared, you're still a dingdong, but Alltel is the minor leagues of wireless service
    09-14-08 10:32 PM
    It would be cool if they did one of those Alltel commercials where the dude says "WIZARD" and the "Can you hear me now?" guy appears in a puff of smoke...
    09-15-08 08:39 AM
    Oh! Sorry buddy misunderstood. I'm not sure the speeds will increase at all when the merger occurs, alltell is a **** network to begin with. Coverage neither as vzw custs already can use the alltell network and vice versa.

Last edited by crescent; 09-15-08 at 09:02 AM.
    09-15-08 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD