Hey everyone,
    I just switched over my BB Torch 9850 from its original carrier Verizon to PagePlus. Calls and SMS work fine however my MMS, web browser, email, and all other apps (BBmaps, FB, Twtr, etc) won't work (transmit/receive data). I've done some research on this, but have had no luck finding the elusive Service Books needed to update my phone and get the data working again. I'm fairly certain that I can load them (running OS 7.1), so if anyone knows how or where to get them it would be a huge help. Thanks!

P.S. The main reason I switched was because I have learned this about Verizon:

I have been with Verizon for 12 years, and I originally wanted to purchase a Z10 or Z30 outright, then use it on Verizon Prepaid. At this time Verizon does not allow 4G phones on Prepaid. Only 3G capability and below phones are allowed on Verizon Prepaid service.

Sick of paying 120+ a month for service contracts, I finally made the switch. However, I didn't realize that BlackBerries have issues with PagePlus until today. Again, any help would be very much appreciated!
    12-18-13 09:14 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Unfortunately BBOS devices require BIS to work. Doesn't sound like page plus offers it. Over here the cheapest post paid plan comes free with BIS...
    12-19-13 12:56 AM
    zocster,
    Over where? And thanks for the welcome, I have been on here a while just never post much. I was under the impression that all I needed was a service book for each application to make it work. Like in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/page-pl...t-help-376953/

As far as BIS, PagePlus runs on the Verizon network so there must be a way to trick the phone into knowing this...
    12-19-13 09:44 AM
    Had a curve on page plus for a while. There is no way to trick the phone into running BIS. That is a switch that has to be thrown by the carrier. Keep in mind that BIS is a data intensive service and that Page Plus is not a particularly good plan for data users.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:33 AM