Ive read through most of these posts and still confused? Is there a step by step for this.... I purchased a BB Storm 9550 Verizon off ebay, unlocked the phone succesful, tried my old Telus BB Storm 1 SIM card (world edition), tried my Telus iphone 3GS SIM card, nothing. When i search for a network it finds Rogers (3G) and an un named network (telus??) on 1XEV. Telus rep says ESN of BB Storm 2 not valid. What am i doing wrong? Do these SIM cards not work with BB Storm2? Is there any way to convert the verizon software in the phone to Telus as well? Thank you
    12-09-09 04:25 PM
    Ive read through most of these posts and still confused? Is there a step by step for this.... I purchased a BB Storm 9550 Verizon off ebay, unlocked the phone succesful, tried my old Telus BB Storm 1 SIM card (world edition), tried my Telus iphone 3GS SIM card, nothing. When i search for a network it finds Rogers (3G) and an un named network (telus??) on 1XEV. Telus rep says ESN of BB Storm 2 not valid. What am i doing wrong? Do these SIM cards not work with BB Storm2? Is there any way to convert the verizon software in the phone to Telus as well? Thank you
    why didn't you just buy a telus storm 2? but as to your problem i have now idea lol
    12-09-09 04:32 PM
    Lol omg thats is good haha. why did u buy a verizon storm 2 in the first place? only way to work it is to call a number which i dont know and then u need to find the code to Telus, and switch over to telus 1XEV. 2nd u need to a INSIDER To insert the ESN AND IMEI Number into the Telus System. Once you have that ur set, and lastly Using a SIM CARD doesn't work and you didn't find a 3G Roger or a Unbranded Telus code 320-880 i think it is(not Sure). The phone is not compatible with any 3G network in North America it only works in europe. Your only bet is to Sell your phone now to someone who wants it for Rogers or Fido since im assuming ur in Canada.
    12-09-09 06:44 PM
    Wow guys thanks for the positive support, anyways i got this phone long before the storm 2 came to canada. But yeah thanks for the help, oh and learn how to spell duhh!
    12-09-09 11:31 PM
    Unfortunately SueyChoy is correct. While you can take GSM phones from one network to another, you cannot take a CDMA phone from one network to another. And unfortunately, since the Storm 9550 is still primarily a CDMA device, you're out of luck. Basically, it's next to impossible to get a carrier to accept an ESN from another carrier. I have yet to see Telus or Bell permit it.

Good luck sorting this out!
    12-10-09 02:18 AM
    you can use it on Rogers, on their EDGE network... Neither Telus nor Bell allow devices from other networks to connect to their CDMA network... unless you know a Telus employee with access to add the phone, you're SOL.
    12-11-09 01:43 AM
    At least on Rodgers you'd have wifi...
    12-11-09 12:41 PM
    At least on Rodgers you'd have wifi...
    HUH?? The 9550 has wifi regardless.
    12-11-09 03:51 PM
    HUH?? The 9550 has wifi regardless.
    I know. If he used the 9550 on Rodgers he'd be able to use Wifi, but if he keeps the 9530 then no wifi. That's what I meant.
    12-12-09 06:52 PM
    I know. If he used the 9550 on Rodgers he'd be able to use Wifi, but if he keeps the 9530 then no wifi. That's what I meant.
    He'd be able to use the wifi on the 9550, even if he didn't have service to any carrier... As long as he has a wireless router/hub than he has internet access with the phone. Wifi has nothing to do with a cell phone carrier.
    12-22-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD