I have read that "Verizon has updated its entire EV-DO network to 3G." I have a strong standard EV-DO signal at home on a 2G blackberry. Does that mean that if I move to a Storm, I should have 3G? In other words, does Verizon have a 3G signal everywhere that it has a 2G EV-DO signal?
    11-03-08 05:53 AM
    All current CDMA Blackberries are 3G (EVDO Rev.0). The Storm should be faster as it is rated at Rev.A... theoretically 3.5G.

Forget the whole 3G bs branding that AT&T is brainwashing you with. The G just stands for generation and Verizon has had it's 3rd generation network up a lot longer then AT&T has and just recently boosted that with the next revision up for EVDO making speeds faster then before.
    11-03-08 10:36 AM
    So let me ask the question a different way: If I am getting a good EV-DO signal on an existing Verizon Blackberry (8830), does that mean that I will get a Rev. A signal on a Storm? This is in metro-Boston, in an area where mobile signals are quite weak (many companies have no service at all) but I have a decent Verizon EV-DO signal.

I think the crux of this question are two questions (1) is it the case that everywhere Verizon is broadcasting an EV-DO signal they are also broadcasting Rev. A; and (2) does Rev. A signal travel further than the Rev 0 signal?
    11-03-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD