I freaked, mainly because VZW seems to have this great policy of NOT letting you know when a better calling plan for your phone comes along. Several times over the past 10 years, I've had to call them, just because I accidentally read something, or saw something on the site, etc. That's my only flaw with them.. they really should be more attentive of their customers that way!
    I have actually had a different experience with Verizon. They are always calling and informing us about their new plans and basically "upgrades" that save us money or give us more minutes. The family plan I have now has 700 minutes which was upgraded from 500, and they did it all for free, after calling us and just asking us if we want to do it.

I think the problem lies in the fact that these companies have so many different calling plans and so many features that not even the customer service representatives can keep up on how much each costs and what it comes with etc. They should definitely simplify the way things work...
    03-28-09 08:27 PM
    I think the problem lies in the fact that these companies have so many different calling plans and so many features that not even the customer service representatives can keep up on how much each costs and what it comes with etc. They should definitely simplify the way things work...
    I agreed with you to this point and would agree with you if we looked at all of the grandfathered plans out there.

Voice on VZW is Basic (Voice only), Select (Voice/Text) and Premium (Select+vCast+VZNavigator). The Premium isn't available on smartphones, being replaced by data addons. It is the addons that can be confusing, but even there, if you need it, you can add it.

AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint are similarly simple. I believe all AT&T voice plans now have rollover, save the lowest one. All T-Mobile plans have their Faves and Sprint goes a step further with standalone plans for PDAs and voice-only devices.

Its a lot simpler now that the plans are nationwide & not split between local, regional & nationwide offerings. As is the case with any service you sign up for, you need to take the time to keep abreast of any changes.

Because not everyone reads the bill inserts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:54 PM
    The data transfer is mostly for tethering service. There is no hard limit on BlackBerry use, but exceeding the cap on just BlackBerry use may prove to be nearly impossible.

Get Podtrapper, subscribe to about 10 audio and 1 or 2 video podcasts, low res of course and see how hard is is too exceed the cap. Using about 10gb a month myself. No tethering.
    05-10-09 01:10 AM
    Yes it would apply...Its called ELEU or employee liable. This way you would still get a discount with your company without you being on a "corporate account" Verizon would tie in the company's discount to your personal account.
    Whats really nice is after you get it, even if you leave the employer as long as the account stays active, you get the discount. I got through and old employer and when I started my own business, called VZW to see about getting my own discount and they told me no need. Once the discount is there, its there for the life of the account. Been years now.
    05-10-09 01:18 AM
    tmobile's is only 19.99 but you know you're gonna pay a arm and leg with Verizon. Im not gonna complain because i think your are paying for quality when it comes to Verizon.
    05-10-09 10:23 AM
    I was looking into tethering my BB Tour since I was told that my plan was unlimited for $29.99. Upon further investigation the UNLIMITED plan is for only 5 GB per month as vaxick mentioned. I think this is kind of misleading since Miriam Webster defines unlimited as "not bounded by exceptions." Not sure if it is gonna' do any good but I filed a complaint with the BBB. If any is interested in getting on the band wagon, I have the pasted the appropriate BBB information below.

BBB of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ)
    1700 Whitehorse Hamilton Sq. Rd St D-5
    Trenton , NJ 08690-3596
    Phone: (609)588-0808
    Fax: (609)588-0546
    02-28-10 11:09 PM
    I was looking into tethering my BB Tour since I was told that my plan was unlimited for $29.99. Upon further investigation the UNLIMITED plan is for only 5 GB per month as vaxick mentioned. I think this is kind of misleading since Miriam Webster defines unlimited as "not bounded by exceptions." Not sure if it is gonna' do any good but I filed a complaint with the BBB. If any is interested in getting on the band wagon, I have the pasted the appropriate BBB information below.

Trenton , NJ 08690-3596
    Ahhh that�s precious. You have Unlimited data to use on your BB, not for tethering. So there is no misleading information. Good Luck though.
    02-28-10 11:32 PM

Trenton , NJ 08690-3596
    Could you do the work for us? We'd be eternally grateful.

03-01-10 06:23 AM
    Yes the plan is for unlimited data service
    03-01-10 08:46 AM

Trenton , NJ 08690-3596
    The $29.99 for the data for your handset is different than the $30 required for tethering.
    03-01-10 04:57 PM

Trenton , NJ 08690-3596
    You're confusing plans. First off, the data plan for 29.99 IS unlimited, the 5gb is what is called a soft cap, where if you go over it, they can limit your download/upload speeds if they want to, and it raises a red flag. (they may check to see if you are tethering without a plan or if you're doing certain things that are prohibited per your contract) 5gb is nearly impossible to reach without tethering. (yes yes i know, there are ways to do it, i'm not saying its absolutely impossible)

the 5gb LIMIT, which is also a soft cap, is for tethering. This is because while tethering you can use significantly more bandwidth, browsing full-size web pages as opposed to mobile sites.

Go ahead and write to the BBB if you like, but it's not going to change anything. If you read the fine print it's all there and its all kosher.
    03-01-10 10:53 PM
    Wow, that is a good price! What part of the country are you in? I'm close to $100/mo for unlimited in Seattle.
    03-01-10 10:59 PM
    Wow, that is a good price! What part of the country are you in? I'm close to $100/mo for unlimited in Seattle.
    Unlimited data or an all in one minutes plan?

We're just referring to the Data plan that is added onto your voice plan.
    03-01-10 11:03 PM
    I pay only 24.99 a month for ulimited text, data, web, email....

It is now I believe 29.99 for the same.

When i go to myverizon page, it shows UNLIMITED in Msg and DATA.
    03-03-10 11:49 PM
    How the heck did you manage that neon?
    03-04-10 01:14 AM
    I pay only 24.99 a month for ulimited text, data, web, email....

It is now I believe 29.99 for the same.

When i go to myverizon page, it shows UNLIMITED in Msg and DATA.

I think you have this confused with being on a select plan and then the bb package. The $24.99 is a discounted price.

I am willing to bet you are on a select plan thus why you have unlimited text. Plus the discounted $29.99 price through where you work which is $24.99 for Unlimited Email & Web on your handheld.
    03-04-10 10:10 AM
166 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD