I guess I am pretty lucky - both local Verizon (Seattle) shops that I dealt with offered me the $29.00 plan. No additional prompting was necessary. Actually, I cancelled the phone sale the first time at one shop (boy was he upset and the return paper work as a real hassle) because we misunderstood one another - I did not WANT DATA or the $29.00 plan. I only wanted a qwerty phone and my old "limited data plan" which was the limited verizon browser for about $10.00 per month.

I went home reconsidered, dropped TEXT Messaging (saved $10 per month) and went to a different shop. Again, both immediately offered the $29.00 plan.
    Let me ask you this: When did you purchase your Blackberry?
    08-13-08 06:41 PM
    I got my BB in May (I think) and I told the store I wanted the $29.99 plan. Got home and they put me on the 10mg limit plan. Called 611 and asked them to put me on the BIS plan and the CRS had it changed over in seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 08:44 PM
    i have verizon and i dont get why there s other coverage prices as in 29.99 for unlimited and theres another price for something else. what gives?

and if you own a blackberry can i cancel my blackberry plan on my plan?? sorry im a newb
    08-13-08 11:31 PM
    Let me ask you this: When did you purchase your Blackberry?
    I purchased in January. In reference to another message below your question about the 10meg plan - I was told there were 3 plans - the BES/Corp which they said I did not need (or could not use), the UNLIMITED $29.00 and, for $25/month, that 10meg plan someone else mentioned. Both stores told me this same information. I think they really were into the BB's and knew the plans well.

I got the phone with rebate, two year upgrade, corp discount and they gave me a 1gig SD card, and the sim card. And frankly, my city government no longer has a real corporate relationship with them but Verizon says the discount still applies to my 10 year old account.

I really can't complain (well, I could about the gps!!!!)
    08-14-08 08:52 AM
    I currently have a data plan that is 29.95 unlimited and includes everything VZW offers: NAV, VCAST, ect., I ordered a BB Curve and was told I needed to add the BB plan of 29.95 for email an internet. Why can't I just keep using the same email & internet plan?
    08-16-08 09:28 PM
    The plan you have now if it incudes VCAST and NAV will not work on a BB. WHat you have now sounds like the nationwide Premium price plan not data plan. This is not compatable for a BB. What price plan did they offer you?
    08-16-08 09:36 PM
    the $49 unlimited plan for verizon is what I had to purchase when I had a treo through verizon. The way that verizon handles browsing, you will use up your 5 gb in a hurry with the treo. If you are only getting emails through your BB you should be fine, just be sure to check your first statement.
    08-16-08 10:24 PM
    the $49 unlimited plan for verizon is what I had to purchase when I had a treo through verizon. The way that verizon handles browsing, you will use up your 5 gb in a hurry with the treo. If you are only getting emails through your BB you should be fine, just be sure to check your first statement.
    Data plans (unlim) on any VZW smartphone/pda is unlim. The only time the 5 GB kicks in is when you tether it.
    08-16-08 10:31 PM
    The plan you have now if it incudes VCAST and NAV will not work on a BB. WHat you have now sounds like the nationwide Premium price plan not data plan. This is not compatable for a BB. What price plan did they offer you?
    They offered me 29.95 unlimited internet & email...in addition to the 29.95 I am paying for unlimited data already.
    08-16-08 10:34 PM
    Something does not sound right here. You may want to call VZW CS and have them review the account with you to assure everything is in line.
    08-16-08 10:46 PM
    BBA = BroadbandAccess Connect (aka tethering). You can add the BBA feature to the $29.99 unlimited BlackBerry plan for a total of $44.99 to allow tethering to a computer -- BBA (tethering) is, in fact, limited to 5 GB per month for new activations with $0.49/MB overage.
    I added the BBA (tethering feature) and the CSR did take that $29.99 up to $44.99 but then quoted me another $15.00/mo for the "tethering"???
    What's up with that?
    11-25-08 11:25 AM
    Tethering would be an additional $15 if you have the $29.99 data plan like me, or at least that's how much it was tonight when I called and had it added on. So let's get this straight...you are at:

$59.99 - Voice/Unltd. text+pix+flix any network
    $59.99 - BroadbandAccess 5GB for your home connection
    $29.99 - Unlimited Web & Email (Data) BlackBerry
    $150 - Total

Here is what it could be with tethering instead.

$59.99 - Voice+texting
    $29.99 - Data
    $15.00 - Tethering Broadband Connect 5GB
    $105 - Total

You could be saving about $45 a month. However, some key things to think about.

- While tethering, you cannot receive phone calls on your blackberry.

- Your phone only supports EV-DO Rev.0 so your speeds would average 400-700kbps down, and 100-200kbps upload.

- Your USB adapter probably supports Rev.A so it can achieve up to 450-800kbps down, and 300-400kbps up. If you are just browsing and doing email and simple things, it wouldn't be an issue, but more is not impossible. I can still stream youtube videos decently but sometimes it needs to rebuffer.

- If you tether via bluetooth, expect lower speeds. If you tether via USB, expect your greatest available/possible speeds for your area, signal, and current time (peak/off peak). For me, I can achieve (down/up) 250/100 over bluetooth, and about 600/130 over USB.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask us

-Caleb
    Is it simply Verizon's system that does not allow for using the phone while being tethered into the laptop? The BB CSR told me that it is possible but I didn't ask what carrier offered that feature...I assumed VZW did???
    11-25-08 11:46 AM
    I am so glad I read this thread. For over a year I have been paying 44.95 data plan plus 15.00 tethering for 3 BBs on my family share. I had no idea we could have been using the 29.99 plan. We don't need enterprise. I have paid around 750.00 more than I needed to.
    I am really annoyed about that, but thankful to read this thread.
    I called CS as soon as I read it and got it changed.
    11-25-08 05:45 PM
    I have had problems with this as well. When I first got my Blackberry on the first bill they gave me over $2000 in data charges. Needless to say i was on the phone with them for over an hour. I finally talked with a supervisor and got it cleared up. The guy in the store messed up and put the wrong plan on it. The 29.95 is unlimited(or pretty much, as I am always using internet and never exceed any limits)...Oh and they did credit my account for all of those over-charges
    11-25-08 06:31 PM
    29.99 is unlimited. I don't know who you talked to re:Unlimited BBA - $44.99.. That is not the right plan
    11-25-08 08:54 PM
    29.99 is unlimited. I don't know who you talked to re:Unlimited BBA - $44.99.. That is not the right plan
    11-25-08 09:02 PM
    I have a quick question. I may be switching to Verizon looking at a BB Storm. I need a voice plan with unlimited data and texting.

When I go to Verizon's website though and go to their Nationwide Connect plan which says is unlimited text and data with 450 minutes is $69.99. But when guided to the "BlackBerry Plans" that same 450 minutes with unlimited text/data is $100. What makes these BlackBerry Plans any different than the unlimited text/data plans to charge an extra $30 a month?
    11-26-08 02:56 AM
    On a related note, not very particular to BB's - how do I check my data plan on the verizon website?! my BB is one of the 4 phones in the family plan and even when I click on "my plans" under my number, all I see is the family calling plan listed. But then again, I just got this 29.99 plan last night through customer service, so do I just need to wait before it gets updated?
    01-06-09 10:02 AM
    On a related note, not very particular to BB's - how do I check my data plan on the verizon website?! my BB is one of the 4 phones in the family plan and even when I click on "my plans" under my number, all I see is the family calling plan listed. But then again, I just got this 29.99 plan last night through customer service, so do I just need to wait before it gets updated?
    Click on overview and then click on minutes used or something like that to check your minutes. Choose your phone number and it will be on that screen.
    01-06-09 04:48 PM
    My Blackberry storm is in transit to me now. I understand that the Verizon 29.99 plan is unlimited. At my work place, we are not allowed to stream radio stations, as streaming has been blocked. So, will I be able to use my new BB to stream stations and get music while at work for a few hours a day? Is there fine print about the unlimited? Thanks for any input you have....
    01-06-09 07:30 PM
    Myself, as well as others have streamed radio with no charges added to our acount. You also get VCast for free with your unlimited plan.

01-06-09 09:33 PM
    I can't believe I've been paying $44.99 since last February when I could have been paying $29.99 (from what I've read hear starting last May)! I went to switch it on the vzw site, and I didn't appear to have any options about switching my data plan other than to remove it. Seeing as it told me I could review my changes before finalizing, I deleted the $44.99 plan, and a message came up after I hit next that said I was required to have a data plan with a BB, and I could choose the $29.99 plan! Yay!
    01-08-09 06:43 PM
    I can't believe I've been paying $44.99 since last February when I could have been paying $29.99 (from what I've read hear starting last May)! I went to switch it on the vzw site, and I didn't appear to have any options about switching my data plan other than to remove it. Seeing as it told me I could review my changes before finalizing, I deleted the $44.99 plan, and a message came up after I hit next that said I was required to have a data plan with a BB, and I could choose the $29.99 plan! Yay!
    HOw long ago did you know about the 29.99 plan?
    01-08-09 07:13 PM
    Holy crap! This thread helped out so much. I got my Curve a few weeks ago and was paying the $40 data plan. The plan titles on VZW are misleading and made me think that the $24.99 a month was not unlimited. I quickly logged into VZW and saved some cash

$24.99 is NOT unlimited but the $29.99 BIS IS unlimited...no 5gb cap.
    01-08-09 07:18 PM
    The same thing happened to me today.

I added the BBA (tethering feature) and the CSR did take that $29.99 up to $44.99 but then quoted me another $15.00/mo for the "tethering"???
    What's up with that?
    01-08-09 07:22 PM
166 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD