ok so i went into my verizon because i was going to try tethering for a month and see if its really worth for me. i went to add the unlim bba option and then i saw this:

BLACKBERRY UNLIMITED BBA $44.99/month
    $35.99/month

Except the 35.99 was red. Then i checked the box and hit continue so i could add it so i got this

We cannot process the following feature changes:

# Add BLACKBERRY BROADBND UNL $44.99: This cannot be added because it conflicts with a required feature BLACKBERRY EVDO FOR MB $0

wtf? i already have the Blackberry EVDO listed under my services. Do i need to call CS? i was hoping to add this tonight/tomorrow since my next billing cycle starts tomorrow. Thanks all.
    03-12-09 08:35 PM
    In this case I would call them. They will be able to add the proper feature to your account and only should a couple of minutes to do.
    03-12-09 08:43 PM
    I tried PMing you, and I need 9 more, well 8 now.

Thank you so much for answering that question.

I had called 611 and the guy said "All those emails are covered". I asked him about BBM, and got the same answer. Which kind of worried until I got a definite answer from you.

Thank you again!

Sure thing - but now I am trying to figure out where the PM went.
    03-12-09 10:39 PM
    VCast is a feature extended to dumbphones in an attempt to give them some added functionality. It is not available on BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Vcast Music is actually available on the storm, but not video.

03-12-09 11:45 PM
    Wait, so if the $29.99 is unlimited data usage, why do they advertise/explain it as unlimited email & 10MB

What does that 10MB represent??
    03-13-09 04:24 PM
    That's the plan I have now. Whats the diffrence between the $30 data plan, and the $45 data plan?

03-13-09 04:31 PM
    Wait, so if the $29.99 is unlimited data usage, why do they advertise/explain it as unlimited email & 10MB

The 10MB plan is $24.99 and that limits you to 10MB, and that includes email.

Do they even offer the 10MB plan any longer?

That's the plan I have now. Whats the difference between the $30 data plan, and the $45 data plan?

$29.99 is BIS for personal use

$44.99 plan is BES, if you are going to tie into an BES server at work.
    03-13-09 04:58 PM

The data transfer is mostly for tethering service. There is no hard limit on BlackBerry use, but exceeding the cap on just BlackBerry use may prove to be nearly impossible.

03-13-09 05:57 PM
    Just got two new Storms with the 2for1 deal going on at Verizon. Passed on the BES option and the rep that signed me up quoted me the BIS $29.99/mo price several times.

Just checked my bill today and low and bhold both phones are setup with the BBA $44.99/mo plan. Doh, that's like an extra $30/mo which I am not about to pay. Wife has no BES at work and my company charges a large setup fee to activate so they can suck it if they think I'm going to take my work with me everywhere and pay THEM to do so.

Can't seem to adjust it online so looks like I'll be calling Verizon on Monday. Good thing I got the reps direct line :-)

So the moral of the story - ABC - A:Always B:Be C:Closing...errr...I mean Checking.
    03-14-09 10:36 AM
    You can call today as well. VZW is open. Tell them to change and credit for the prior month. THis should not be a problem. THis is not sales person fault totally, as the system defaults to the 44.99 plan. It is a pain and change at the point of sale as they should have caught this
    03-14-09 11:01 AM
    I have a stand-alone Blackberry (no voice plan) and have been paying $49.99 for unlimited plan with BES access. I don't need to have an enterprise package any more and want to switch to a regular stand-alone unlimited plan. I checked VZW website but it does not list all available plans (especially cheaper ones).

I remember there is a regular stand-alone unlimited plan without BES access, which costs $34.99 a month. Am I correct?
    03-15-09 08:43 PM
    If it is not there, then it does not exist anymore. There are some loyalty plans that are not posted.
    03-15-09 08:45 PM
    There used to be a $29.99 10MB stand a lone plan, it got retired in 7/2008. No $34.99 plan I don't believe.
    03-15-09 08:51 PM
    Hmm. The website doesn't even post the unlimited $29.99 data plan which can be added to a voice plan. It only shows $79.99 plan, which I suppose $39.99 voice + $39.99 unlimited data plus BES access. How come Verizon doesn't list cheaper plans without BES access any more?
    03-15-09 09:15 PM
    They are there. These are the Basic and Select plans. The data plan is added as feature as is the txt features with these. Although Select has unlim SMS and MMS. These plans allow the customer to be flexable with add ons
    03-15-09 09:18 PM
    Honestly when you start splitting all that stuff up, it gets confusing for most customers (not to insult). It is better for more advanced users who have more advanced needs to talk to a rep. The magazines in the store don't even have Nationwide email plans.
    03-15-09 09:19 PM
    I understand, not only that but the VZW website can be, lets say confusing at best
    03-15-09 09:22 PM
    At very best.
    03-15-09 09:36 PM
    I work for verizon... it is unlimited people
    03-16-09 01:41 AM
    But in "Verizon-speak", unlimited means 5GB for BlackBerry. But it would be very difficult to go over 5GB on a BlackBerry.

Here's the info directly from their website.

A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.
    For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice.
    03-16-09 06:47 AM
    does downloading apps, or videos fall under 'unlimited'?

I apologize for the uninformed question

Rob
    03-16-09 09:37 AM
    does downloading apps, or videos fall under 'unlimited'?

I apologize for the uninformed question

Rob
    Generally, it does, Rob. I believe that cap (all carriers have it) is more than sufficient for pure BlackBerry use. I run a lot of file transfer & image upload on mine & never have an issue. While I have Slacker, I've used it for maybe a grand total of six hours - hardly enough to cause alarm - and consider my transfer of anywhere from 50-100 files per week my biggest online use. I've never had a problem.

Well, that & here, I think.

03-16-09 10:04 AM
    But in "Verizon-speak", unlimited means 5GB for BlackBerry. But it would be very difficult to go over 5GB on a BlackBerry.

Here's the info directly from their website.

A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.
    For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice.
    Link?

03-16-09 02:44 PM
    Link?
    Interestingly, when I did a search for her quotation of "Verizon Speak" I came up with it, word for word.

Cricket Wireless | Broadband Acceptable Use

Unfortunately, it was not a Verizon page. It is Cricket.

Further searching finds several references to the exact text on various sites being attributed to AT&T & VZW. But the text is NOT from either carrier, only Cricket.

Folks, it would bolster your credibility if you were to use info from the carrier in question & not hearsay posted on the fansites or techsites. To use hearsay tells me you're grasping at straws & your comments aren't worth much.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 03-16-09 at 03:41 PM.
    03-16-09 03:35 PM
    Right. I knew it was false. There may be some soft cap that the higher ups use, however, you won't be charged anything for it -- we will just probably contact you asking you what's going on.
    03-16-09 04:08 PM
166 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD