Ok, I do not have a blackberry (yet)...but I am looking for one. I need help! Opinions please! I have heard good and bad reviews about the Storm, but I need to know what is a good Blackberry for the carrier, Verizon?
    01-24-09 01:28 PM
    If you have never used a blackberry I suggest you try the Curve...great device with a full screen and qwerty keyboard. You can get really good deals with vzw right now.
    01-24-09 01:31 PM
    The storm is a great device, like any new device, it has its flaws which are being worked on as we speak..so if you like what you see on the storm get it. Remember, you do have 30 days to try it out and can return it for a curve or something like that. Which is also a fantastic phone, my g/f has one...But I do love the touchscreens...just my 2 cents
    01-24-09 01:32 PM
    If you're a first time user, the Curve seems to be the better way to go. That's what I think.
    01-24-09 01:33 PM
    Curve is the best bet for your money IMO. Storms are supposed to be great also. Its what you feel is the best BB for ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 01:34 PM
    Also, I also remember that when I studied abroad in Europe I had to get an entirely new phone because Verizon apparently does not work in Europe. Does it work on a Blackberry though? I was wondering because I will need to travel a lot and have access to email for my career path I've chosen.
    01-24-09 01:36 PM
    The storm comes with a sim card installed...you can activate it and travel to europe and use vodaphone i think...or you can unlock your phone and use european sim cards
    01-24-09 01:37 PM
    Really? That works for the curve as well? I don't think I'm gonna get the storm...too expensive and if I do eventually, I want it when all the kinks get worked out.
    01-24-09 01:39 PM
    Somebody correct me if Im wrong, but i dont think the curve can do that....the world edition can, but you have to buy the sim card seperatly
    01-24-09 01:41 PM
    8330 Curve is a great phone (not a gloabal phone)

8830 WE is a global phone but with no camera (no opinion since never used)
    01-24-09 01:43 PM
    You can get really good deals with vzw right now.
    hahahahahha.....i love how verizon users justify the higher prices they pay

beat my plan!!

SERO 500 |BIS |BES |PAM |6PM Nights |FIMF |Pick 3 |Unlimited SMS/MMS |M2M |Roaming & LD included |Unlimited Incoming $5| 24% Corp Discount | = total bill $32/mo with tax
    01-24-09 02:14 PM
    lol, so do you want a cookie now? A pat on the back? What is the point of this post? So you can show how much better you are than everyone else? Grow up.
    01-24-09 02:26 PM
    lol, so do you want a cookie now? A pat on the back? What is the point of this post? So you can show how much better you are than everyone else? Grow up.
    its to show ignorant folks such as yourself why verizon blows

i do want that cookie though!
    01-24-09 02:28 PM
    but you can't get SERO accounts anymore, at least not very easily
    01-24-09 02:37 PM
    but you can't get SERO accounts anymore, at least not very easily
    the only option for SERO now is to buy one from ebay...i believe there are people who know how to mirror these SERO plans and give you your own....

downside is that they charge like $130...

but in the long run, it is worth it.

Sprint also has a BIS/BES/PAM pack for free
    01-24-09 02:38 PM
    hahahahahha.....i love how verizon users justify the higher prices they pay

beat my plan!!

SERO 500 |BIS |BES |PAM |6PM Nights |FIMF |Pick 3 |Unlimited SMS/MMS |M2M |Roaming & LD included |Unlimited Incoming $5| 24% Corp Discount | = total bill $32/mo with tax
    Would be nice if you could make use of that MMS then, right?

J/K
    01-24-09 02:40 PM

J/K
    very true! you got me there.....

but I do have that capability whenever they come out with MMS!
    01-24-09 02:42 PM

J/K
    very true! you got me there.....

but I do have that capability whenever they come out with MMS!
    It's all good, or should I say there are always pluses and minuses with all carriers. I'm still waiting for Verizon to unlock the GPS to 3rd party apps.
    01-24-09 02:49 PM

J/K
    And that is how the cookie crumbles America.
    Sprints service, around me, where i go in NY is absolutely horrible and i had to drop them awhile back, and you get what you pay for with Verizon. It may be more expensive, but the service and customer service is A+ In my book.

And OP. Get the curve, it's a great phone for it's price. And yes, it does not have world capabilities, so it boils down to what you want/need most
    01-24-09 02:50 PM
    To the OP, if you are eligible for an upgrade, you might want to consider getting a used Curve and saving your upgrade for the new Blackberrys that are coming out later this year. That is what I did.
    01-24-09 02:52 PM
    And that is how the cookie crumbles America.
    Sprints service, around me, where i go in NY is absolutely horrible and i had to drop them awhile back, and you get what you pay for with Verizon. It may be more expensive, but the service and customer service is A+ In my book.

And OP. Get the curve, it's a great phone for it's price. And yes, it does not have world capabilities, so it boils down to what you want/need most
    true...sprint just happens to work perfectly where I live, work, and travel

To the OP, if you are eligible for an upgrade, you might want to consider getting a used Curve and saving your upgrade for the new Blackberrys that are coming out later this year. That is what I did.
    My cousin went from the Curve to the storm...he is regretting that decision now

The OP needs to decide if that qwerty kb is important.....it sure is for me
    01-24-09 02:55 PM
    8830 WE is a global phone but with no camera (no opinion since never used)
    Used the 8830 - not a big phone camera person ... so never missed that. All in all, I liked my 8830 and would still be using it if the Bold had not come along (made the switch). I used extensively throughout Canada and never had a problem. Never used in europe, but others have had good experience.

Couple of thoughts tho - the 8830 has sort of become a step-child around VZW and they are due for another BB pretty soon that will probably be a quad mode and make the 8830 look pretty lame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 10:09 PM
    buy a curve
    01-24-09 10:10 PM
    Also, I also remember that when I studied abroad in Europe I had to get an entirely new phone because Verizon apparently does not work in Europe. Does it work on a Blackberry though? I was wondering because I will need to travel a lot and have access to email for my career path I've chosen.
    My 8830 worked great in Paris - it left my business associates with their iPHONES in the dust. Basically, you turn it off when the captain tells you and then turn it back on when he says its ok - starts working right away.

Beware of one thing: I got the feeling sometimes that there are parts of Paris where reception is essentially nil and the natives were darn proud of it ! I have heard that Storm will work there too. Verizon wants you to call ahead, not because you need to change anything, but because they want you to realize that rates will be more expensive there.

Doctor Neutron
    01-24-09 11:43 PM
    verizon has some stupid deals on the curve 8330 right now. almost free. almost. the curve is the way to go for someone new to the BB world. delete facebook and myspace apps. load it up with an sd micro card (have all pictures and videos stored to the sd card) and your good to go. My Curve rocks and I couldn't be happier.
    01-25-09 02:41 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD