cool. i think it worked. entered the code, changed the network to GSM and now it says "insert sim." nice, now i can use it with a local sim when i travel. good stuff.
    Yes that's correct, you can now use your Blackberry with most GSM Networks worldwide
    02-01-10 11:25 AM
    Ok, so let me get this clear, I have an unlocked 9700 (ATT). When I get to Mexico, I just need to pop in a prepaidd sim I purchase there and I will be able to make calls to the US or any number in mexico, correct? What number would people use to contact me? When I am using the prepaid sim? Do they have a different number when I purchase a new sim card? I don't want to use the data, so I would just turn that off and use the regular radio, correct? Thank you for all your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 12:30 AM
    pretty much answer all of ma questionnn
    02-15-10 12:55 AM
    Just like your sim now whatever number they give you of course. Calling abilities will be dependant on the prepaid sim service.

02-15-10 01:00 AM
    Ok, so let me get this clear, I have an unlocked 9700 (ATT). When I get to Mexico, I just need to pop in a prepaidd sim I purchase there and I will be able to make calls to the US or any number in mexico, correct? What number would people use to contact me? When I am using the prepaid sim? Do they have a different number when I purchase a new sim card? I don't want to use the data, so I would just turn that off and use the regular radio, correct? Thank you for all your help.

Let us try to breakdown all questions and give you the answers

-When I get to Mexico, I just need to pop in a prepaidd sim I purchase there and I will be able to make calls to the US or any number in mexico, correct?

Yes to call within Mexico, to call the USA, you will need to make sure that the prepaid sim card allows you to do so.

-What number would people use to contact me?

Once you get the prepaid SIM card in Mexico, they will assign you a local Mexican number and that's the number you will need to give anyone that wants to call you on your new number.

-When I am using the prepaid sim? Do they have a different number when I purchase a new sim card?

Yes once you get the new SIM card, you will have a new number, if you want to then refill that account, you will keep the same number.

-I don't want to use the data, so I would just turn that off and use the regular radio, correct?

Yes you can do that, but a Blackberry needs a Blackberry Data Plan to operate data so if you don't have Data provisioned on your Prepaid SIM card, even if you forget to turn data off, it won't work, but as you said, it's always safe to turn Data OFF just in case.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.
    02-15-10 10:40 AM
    if i have a verizon blackberry tour and i need to switch the info so that my internet will work how would i go about doing this?
    02-18-10 03:21 PM
    if i have a verizon blackberry tour and i need to switch the info so that my internet will work how would i go about doing this?
    You will need to load the Service Books manually. Which provider do you want to use it with?
    02-18-10 03:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD