Ok, so here's the deal. Apparently I just won a Pearl off of the Yahoo Pearl a Day giveaway. Is it possible to use both the Pearl and my Curve? I'd love to use the Curve for business, but take the Pearl when I go out like to a bar or something like that, with the same # and everything.

Can I switch between the two phones regularly without it costing anything as long as I update my PIN on the BB page?

Thanks!
    07-16-08 05:23 PM
    I haven't a clue, but wanted to say congrats on winning the Pearl!
    07-16-08 05:34 PM
    No unfortunally you can only have 1 ESN Number on an account at a time with sprint, i've only seen once someone had 3 ESNs on the account but that account was totally messed up, had to be deleted and remade.
    07-16-08 06:01 PM
    No unfortunally you can only have 1 ESN Number on an account at a time with sprint, i've only seen once someone had 3 ESNs on the account but that account was totally messed up, had to be deleted and remade.
    It would only be one ESN active at a time...I.E. I'd switch from the curve to the pearl (curve ESN not active on account), and the pearl back to curve (pearl esn not active on account).

Make sense?
    07-16-08 06:03 PM
    2 blackberries? Wow you are addicted. Are you going to send yourself messages? Do a search on rehab!! LOL
    07-16-08 06:09 PM
    Problem is you would have to call in to us everytime you wanted to switch, alot of unnecessary calls.
    07-16-08 06:10 PM
    2 blackberries? Wow you are addicted. Are you going to send yourself messages? Do a search on rehab!! LOL
    LOL...wow...did you not read the original post? I won the second one in a contest....
    07-16-08 06:11 PM
    Problem is you would have to call in to us everytime you wanted to switch, alot of unnecessary calls.
    Can't you do it all online now? Thought I saw something like that on the Sprint homepage...like activating a phone....

Here's the website I was talking about....
    Sprint - Activate Phone Landing
    Last edited by niubeav; 07-16-08 at 06:17 PM.
    07-16-08 06:12 PM
    Actually I was just about to post something about this, but for Telus.

In my experience, but this coming for a Telus user and not Sprint, is that yes you can do it. When I switched (permanently) from the Pearl to a Curve, it was so simple. I went online and changed the ESN, and the phone was active. Since your email address and info can only be used by one phone (I guess linked to the PIN?) at a time, it requires you to go through a bit of do-da, but takes a couple minutes and is really not a problem.

I'm going to be switching back and forth between two phones as well.... I hope that it works smoothly without a hitch for the both of us!
    07-16-08 06:24 PM
    I have a Curve and a Pearl. I can switch easily between the two. I swap the SIM card and then log in to my BIS account on my carrier's site and change phones. You can do this 10 times a day if you want.

It gets to be a pain because the emails get messed up. You never know which phone had which email.
    07-16-08 06:25 PM
    I have a Curve and a Pearl. I can switch easily between the two. I swap the SIM card and then log in to my BIS account on my carrier's site and change phones. You can do this 10 times a day if you want.

It gets to be a pain because the emails get messed up. You never know which phone had which email.
    Unfortunately, those of us on Sprint don't have SIM cards because Sprint isn't a GSM carrier, so things get a bit more complicated.
    07-16-08 06:27 PM
    Hmm i guess that website will work, never realized that we had that ability.
    07-16-08 06:31 PM
    Unfortunately, those of us on Sprint don't have SIM cards because Sprint isn't a GSM carrier, so things get a bit more complicated.
    As the man said in an old Monty Pyhton sketch. 'Here my argument falls to the ground.'
    07-16-08 06:38 PM
    Hmm i guess that website will work, never realized that we had that ability.
    Mine just says something like 'Do you want to switch to this PIN?' It knows about both PINs cuz I registered them both.
    07-16-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD