hi i'm going to florida in march for like 10 days, and i want to be able toget emails and use msn without huge fees.

i checked around and the closest hting i can get is a fle pay no contract thing from tmobile. but since i don't have an address to ship to for a bill, and would be cancelling it within 10 days, it seems like a hassle.

i'd love a us simcard prepaid data plan, but i cna't find any

so is there anything rogers can offer so that i can use my bb in the us without roaming charges?
    01-11-09 11:55 AM
    I know that if you roam on your Rogers plan. You can by a bucket of minutes which reduces you talk costs by half generally Rogers.com-Wireless, Digital Cable, Hi-Speed Internet, Bundles

You have to either cancel it again when you get back or at the time of ordering it, specify that you want to add it but you also want it to cancel at the end of your billing period.

As far as data goes, it's pretty cheap actually if you are only using your phone for emails... not opening attachments no surfing the web etc.

$0.03 per kb. Some guys at my work use between 600 kb and 2mb per month for their emails... the between $18 and $60+ per month if they used that in the USA.

It's not cheap, but the best way is to buy Long Distance card and use land lines as much as possible and/or for returning calls etc.

Rogers Communications - Wireless, Digital Cable TV, Hi-Speed Internet, Home Phone

Since it's virtually impossible toi find anything on the Rogers website, here's some more info:

An International Roaming Bucket from Rogers Wireless helps frequent travellers to locations other then the United States to save a bundle on roaming charges. Instead of paying a standard per minute rate for each minute of usage, you pay in advance for a bucket of minutes and save anywhere from 15% to 40% off the standard per minute rate!

You can also add a Data bucket to help you stay connected through email, MMS, and more. Data buckets will help you save anywhere from 40% to 60% off the standard data roaming rate. Data buckets must be purchased in conjunction with a Voice bucket.

Perfect for the globetrotter looking to stay in touch for less. Roaming buckets must be kept on the account for a minimum of 3 months. Currently International Roaming Buckets are available in these locations only:
    Rogers.com - International Data Bundles

Rogers.com - International Voice Bundles
    Last edited by PvT; 01-11-09 at 04:18 PM.
    01-11-09 04:12 PM
    there is a new plan that is $10 a month which gives you 0.01 per kb while roaming.......( the 10 is a flat fee and isnt prorated....)

or you can get a sidekick and use the $1.00 per day unltd data and sms....
    01-11-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD