Hi all!

So I have a friend who says he is able to use his BB Bold 9000 unlocked with TMobile and their T-Zones plan, which costs him $9.99.

He says all his BB features work (BBM, Email, etc), but he is just stuck with EDGE.

Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing this once I have the unlocked Berry in hand?
    05-16-10 01:58 PM
    BBM and Email require a BIS plan so I do not understand how your friend has it working. An unlocked phone that has WiFi can link to the internet, but that does not give you email or BBM.
    05-16-10 03:20 PM
    I just checked with him and he doesn't have BBM. But he does use GMail.

And he has a T-Mobile data plan-- not just Wi-Fi.
    05-16-10 03:52 PM
    He says all his BB features work (BBM, Email, etc)
    I don't think this is possible. None of the BlackBerry apps that connect to RIM (either via BIS or BES) should work: BlackBerry email, BlackBerry messenger, BlackBerry maps, BlackBerry App World, Yahoo messenger, AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, Windows Live Messenger, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, etc. not to mention the inability to upgrade the operating system.

Applications that can direct connect via T-Mobile's APN, such as the Browser, Gmail, and most other 3rd party apps should work, however.
    05-16-10 05:02 PM
    Yep, he's probably getting Gmail but not BBM or real BB push email.

Some web/apps will work with the $10 plan though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 06:13 PM
    He says all his BB features work (BBM, Email, etc), but he is just stuck with EDGE.
    Do your research on this forum ..
    the topic is a common question for newbies who do not understand what they bought!

TM does not provide the frequencies required for the 9000 to use their 3G network.
    The 9000 will operate at maximum 2G=EDGE only ...
    and sometimes lower.
    To save battery life the network settings must be set to 2G, not 2G/3G.
    For 3G TM on 9000: not now and likely not never.

In the US only ATT provides the proper frequencies for 9000 to operate at 3G.
    Last edited by mandony; 05-16-10 at 09:36 PM.
    05-16-10 09:34 PM
    not to mention the inability to upgrade the operating system.
    This is not true.
    Go to the 9000 section of this forum. Pickup the latest version of OS. Download the OS to your PC. There is no OTA upgrade required.
    You use any other vendor's OS and remove the 'vendor' file before running the upgrading using the 'apploader' file.

Anyway, TM does not even have the 9000 in their collection of BB's and do not support it.
    05-16-10 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD