11-06-09 11:00 AM
    Awesome, even better than 2 for 1...
    11-06-09 12:55 PM
    Indeed, and my apologies for just linking to the HoFo thread. I was lazy, lol.

Either way it's an awesome promo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 01:35 PM
    great deal! my hubby may be getting the htc pro touch 2 sooner than he thought and wayyyy cheaper!

is this for just renewal contracts, new customers or upgrades? or can you go in and get it for that deal?
    11-06-09 09:58 PM
    If I am not currently available for upgrade, will I still be able to purchase a Tour in store during the promotion? Or, do I have to be available for upgrade?
    11-08-09 01:13 PM
    Hopefully I can get $80 back from the tour I bought last week
    11-08-09 01:46 PM
    I just have one question and I think others have asked the same one. Is this promotion only available to new contracts and customers looking to resign their expired contracts? I just bought my Curve 8330m 3 months ago but would love to have the tour. Or would I have to still pay full price?
    11-09-09 04:38 AM
    Renewals or eligible upgrades as far as I know.

It sounds like USCC will be running some other promotions soon designed to get more people into smartphones by allowing them to sign new contracts early but those will likely be for folks who have never had a smartphone.

11-09-09 07:47 AM
    Hopefully I can get $80 back from the tour I bought last week
    Actually, you should get $180 back. If it's $70 with the Promotion and assuming you paid $250 for yours. That's what mine will be.
    11-10-09 11:00 PM
    It's only with a two-year agreement, so only those who are new customers or those eligible to renew and receive discounted equipment will qualify.
    11-12-09 04:43 PM
    I was told since I've only had my Tour for around 2 weeks that I would need to bring mine back in before 30 days and reactivate the Curve 8330. Then go back in on the 27th and get the Tour when the sale starts. She also said that they can hold the one I bring back in and just resell it to me. I just renewed my line for 2 yrs she said they would void that out and redo it on the 27th.
    11-12-09 06:33 PM
    thats amazing i just got my tour end of october
    11-12-09 09:23 PM
    I'm concerned wondering if I should do this. What if I end up with someone's used phone they brought back and not a new one or I don't end up with one at all b/c they ran out fast. They told me that they would resell mine to someone if I brought it back.
    11-13-09 08:20 AM
    i want a tour. like, now.

being a uscc sales rep, i was expecting to get a free tour to use thru the associate phone program. however, some big agent in chitown bought up all the tours allocated to that program. now i have to either wait until more come available, or talk the boss into letting me use a swap (if/when one actually comes back in).

now, along comes black friday promo, and i'm left to wonder. should i just sign a new line on a regular consumer account, plunk down the $70 for the tour, and take a cheap plan? i could then swap off the tour to my assoc plan as coe, drop the new consumer plan off to the wa300 and activate one of my old phones to keep for emergencies, and enjoy my new tour (that i get to keep forever)? it would cost me an extra $35/month to have the other account, but i'm only paying $15/month right now for my associate plan.

tempting...
    11-14-09 09:57 AM
    i want a tour. like, now.

being a uscc sales rep, i was expecting to get a free tour to use thru the associate phone program. however, some big agent in chitown bought up all the tours allocated to that program. now i have to either wait until more come available, or talk the boss into letting me use a swap (if/when one actually comes back in).

now, along comes black friday promo, and i'm left to wonder. should i just sign a new line on a regular consumer account, plunk down the $70 for the tour, and take a cheap plan? i could then swap off the tour to my assoc plan as coe, drop the new consumer plan off to the wa300 and activate one of my old phones to keep for emergencies, and enjoy my new tour (that i get to keep forever)? it would cost me an extra $35/month to have the other account, but i'm only paying $15/month right now for my associate plan.

tempting...
    I doubt the Tour is going to be in the Associate Vendor Program anytime soon what with the limited inventory right now. Get the Tour on Black Friday and then port the line over to a share talk line. Sure, you have to pay the ETF but if you keep the consumer plan for 4 months you'll hit the $150 anyway. Then again a BB on a share talk line is $40 a month so maybe that's not a good idea.
    11-16-09 03:48 PM
    what about a data only plan for $30/mo
    11-16-09 04:24 PM
    I doubt the Tour is going to be in the Associate Vendor Program anytime soon what with the limited inventory right now. Get the Tour on Black Friday and then port the line over to a share talk line. Sure, you have to pay the ETF but if you keep the consumer plan for 4 months you'll hit the $150 anyway. Then again a BB on a share talk line is $40 a month so maybe that's not a good idea.
    the tour is in limited inventory? we just picked up 50 last week. it was supposed to be available in the associate program a week or two after launch, but all the phones allocated to that program got snatched up immediately. this is how it was explained to us by the local aae. maybe he was blowing smoke because he knew we would never get them?

anyways, i can buy a tour on a new account for $70 next weekend, then after a couple days, drop the internet and activate one of my old dumb phones in place of the tour, and scale back the price plan to something minimal. i'll have a tour free and clear to activate on my associate account, and if i ever leave the company, i'll get to keep the phone and i'll have an account in place to move my tour onto. it will then cost me about $50/month to keep both accounts active, which is a lot better than the ~$100 i would be spending to keep the tour active on the consumer account.

i dunno, seems clever to me...then again, i'm easily amused.
    11-19-09 12:50 PM
    Keep the Tour active until you receive the mail in rebate. If they see that you've dropped the data plan when they process the rebate they will reject it.

I just checked the associate phone program and the Tour is not on it yet. It's my understanding that inventory for the Tour is dedicated to regular sales channels through Christmas. It will probably show up in the associate program after the holidays.
    11-19-09 03:29 PM
    So I tried to find out but failed, and I am assuming so, but do you need to sign a new 2 year contract at the time to get a free phone. Cause I signed a 2 year with a curve in august 2008, so I'm wondering if there is any way that I would be eligable to get a tour.

11-23-09 01:00 AM
    So I tried to find out but failed, and I am assuming so, but do you need to sign a new 2 year contract at the time to get a free phone. Cause I signed a 2 year with a curve in august 2008, so I'm wondering if there is any way that I would be eligable to get a tour.

11-23-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD