How come I never hear anyone talk about any discounts they get off phones from their employee discount? When I upgraded to the Curve last year, I got my NE2 moved up a little, but then since I get a discount off phones, I used the employee discount instead of whatever else.

I guess I could only use either the Verizon deals, or my employee discount.
    Somehow, how it worked out, was that it cost me only $5 more to use my employee discount than if I didn't have the discount, but I wouldn't have to mail in any rebates so I went that route. I tend to be forgetful.

Just wondering why I never hear other people talk about phone discounts through their employer. I know it's only when you're available to upgrade but I'd much rather go that route than worry about mailing in rebates. Plus, maybe sometimes, it could end up being cheaper using the discount? I don't know. I don't remember the % i get off phones either. I just know I get 25% off accessories and then I have a discount on my plan and add ons, as well.
    06-27-09 11:52 PM
    How come I never hear anyone talk about any discounts they get off phones from their employee discount? When I upgraded to the Curve last year, I got my NE2 moved up a little, but then since I get a discount off phones, I used the employee discount instead of whatever else.

I guess I could only use either the Verizon deals, or my employee discount.
    Somehow, how it worked out, was that it cost me only $5 more to use my employee discount than if I didn't have the discount, but I wouldn't have to mail in any rebates so I went that route. I tend to be forgetful.

Just wondering why I never hear other people talk about phone discounts through their employer. I know it's only when you're available to upgrade but I'd much rather go that route than worry about mailing in rebates. Plus, maybe sometimes, it could end up being cheaper using the discount? I don't know. I don't remember the % i get off phones either. I just know I get 25% off accessories and then I have a discount on my plan and add ons, as well.

I think that all it does is make rebates instant instead of mail in..
    and pretty much anyone on a employee plan will get that automatically..
    06-28-09 01:13 AM
    Because most people don't get a percentage off equipment with their employee discount.

Standard employee discounts generally run from 7 to 22% off the primary (or single) line access. Then usually 25% off accessories.

I've only run across a couple of employee discounts that offer a certain amount off phones.
    06-28-09 01:45 AM
    It all depends on the discount that your employer has worked out with Verizon. Many times, the "normal" discounts are cheaper than the price if you used an emloyee discount pricing point. Also, the employee pricing for each phone varies. With the storm, it was basically instant rebate. With the curve however, it was actually quite a bit mor ($50 I believe) to get it with the employee discount instead of just the regular deals on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 04:01 AM
    When I bought my Curve last year, they wanted $220 + MIR for a total of $175 I think. When I mentioned I work for UPS, they charged me $120? for the phone, out the door.
    06-28-09 04:31 AM
    Thats a good question. I too get a discount thru my employer as a Firefighter.
    06-29-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD