Hello, on att's site, it shows that I'm eligible to upgrade to an iphone 3gs, but I have to extend my contract? So does this mean I have to be with att for another 2 years? I'm currently using an 8900 and I believe I will continue to be with att forever. So in this case, does extending my contract in order to get that iphone for $200 means just means att wants me to stay with them longer? When my contract ends, I plan on renewing it anyways so should this even be a problem or does this mean I should upgrade already!! I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
    11-15-09 02:03 AM
    This means that you would be extending or in your case, renewing your contract for two more years. If you are eligible for an upgrade, then you may as well go ahead and do it now.
    11-15-09 02:24 AM
    If you are eligible for an upgrade, then you may as well go ahead and do it now.
    Thanks for the reply ritak13. If I upgrade now that means by the time the 4g iphone comes out, I won't be able to upgrade to that since I used my upgrade already no?

I want the 3gs, but I also want to save that upgrade for the next gen lol.
    11-15-09 07:45 PM
    Can I respond in the ATT forum?

Just speaking from what I've heard from ATT Reps with whom I've dealt....

You can upgrade once every XX number of months. For me, it's 12, for some its 18 or 24 (from what I hear), and that it varies depending on the amount of loot you shell out to ATT monthly (mine is well over the $200 mark).

If all that's the case, you have to weigh using your upgrade now vs when you expect to make the upgrade to the next device. If you think it'll be longer than your XX months, go for it. If not, decide whether you want to take the plunge now, and shell out the loot for the full price later for 4g. Or vice-versa, get your hands on the 3gs now without the upgrade, and save the upgrade for the 4g...

Dilemma dilemma dilemma.....
    11-27-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD