Um, I've had my BB pearl for about a year or so and its really starting to screw up like the key board and i was wondering if Rogers would let me upgrade my phone to the new bold 97xx? im still new to the contract i have about 2 more years but i just wanted to know if i can do that??

also like to ask, to buy a BB from rogers can you get the promo price without the data plan?
    11-24-09 08:47 PM
    I'm going to say you'll have to phone rogers to see if they'll let you upgrade but as a new customer and only one year into your contract I'm going to guess the answer will most definitely be a no.

Data plan question I'm going to say no again on that one. I'm sure they have a fine print notification on what the promo price applies to.
    11-24-09 09:00 PM
    Okay, thanks
    I'll check just incase something happens lol
    11-24-09 09:03 PM
    Give Rogers a call. With hardware upgrades for smartphones you have to wait a minimum of 2 years into your 3 year contract to be eligible for a upgrade. And no, you would have to have a BB data plan in order to buy it for the promo price. If you want the device without the data plan attached to it, you would have to pay the full amount of the phone. But there are ways around that if you got someone you know that is a Rogers rep.
    Last edited by jtran91; 11-24-09 at 09:14 PM.
    11-24-09 09:11 PM
    okay, i will do that.
    i have another question what would be the cheapest plan including the data plan for a BB on rogers ?
    11-24-09 09:16 PM
    You are looking at a minimum of 45 bucks. And that just gets you unlimited email/messaging (no browsing), 150 minutes and 1000 sent texts. There's a package where you get 500 mb of data unlimited text and 200 minutes for 50 bucks.
    11-25-09 09:11 AM
    I would call and ask!
    I'm a year into my 3 year contract tomorrow, and Rogers allowed me to upgrade my Bold to the 9700 today. They gave me the 3 year term price, signing me to 3 more years.
    11-26-09 03:37 PM
    really? wow im on a year and 2 months into my 3 year contract.
    ill go see if they would let me upgrade my pearl to the bold, but now you
    have 6 years is that right?
    11-29-09 12:29 PM
    really? wow im on a year and 2 months into my 3 year contract.
    ill go see if they would let me upgrade my pearl to the bold, but now you
    have 6 years is that right?
    no, it's just 3 yrs from the time you sign the contract, not 3 more on top of the remainder of your existing contract.
    11-29-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD