Hello.

Last Thursday I upgraded my phone to a 9700, now I'm thinking about about trading it for an iPhone. My question is would I have to pay for the data plan for the next two years? I know I'm stuck with T-mobile but what would happened if I traded/sold the phone?
    02-14-10 01:05 PM
    You have 14 days (Cali is 30 days) to return your phone and your new plan will be reverted to your original.

If the 14 days have pass then yes you will have to pay for data for the next two years
    02-14-10 02:54 PM
    You have 14 days (Cali is 30 days) to return your phone and your new plan will be reverted to your original.

If the 14 days have pass then yes you will have to pay for data for the next two years
    Unless this changed recently but this would be wrong. When you sign a two year contract you only sign it because of the discounted phone price, I thought. You can cancel data, or add additional services to it later.

In November of 2009 I opened a new line to get 9700 at the discounted price and had to have data for it. I already had another line (Curve 8520) prior to that with data on it. When I bought Nexus One in January I just called customer service and removed data from the second line (Bold 9700) which I got back in November, and was not charged any fees for cancelling this.
    02-15-10 08:02 AM
    Unless this changed recently but this would be wrong. When you sign a two year contract you only sign it because of the discounted phone price, I thought. You can cancel data, or add additional services to it later.

In November of 2009 I opened a new line to get 9700 at the discounted price and had to have data for it. I already had another line (Curve 8520) prior to that with data on it. When I bought Nexus One in January I just called customer service and removed data from the second line (Bold 9700) which I got back in November, and was not charged any fees for cancelling this.
    Policies have changed. Data phones purchased with new activations or upgrade after October 2009 require a Contracted data bundle which cannot be removed unless the customer cancels the account. Since you recently bough the phone, you ave a contracted data plan, you can return the phone and they will take it off or you can keep the phone and the data bundle as well.
    02-15-10 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD