My sister decided to switch from Vz to Sprint after 10 yrs w/ VZ. She had a basic family plan with her husband for $80/mo for the longest time. She got a new storm for Christmas from her husband, but didn't activate it until they chose on a good plan. I offered to assist her on choosing a plan and to buy some accesories at Best Buy. She found out that VZ charges $15 for unlimited data plan on standard internet capable phones and $30/mo for PDA/Blackberry phones. An increase of $45 just for internet.

It only took a 5 minute conversation with her husband to make the desicion to switch to Sprint. She bought the HTC PRO for $199 and the curve 8330 for $50. She signed to the $130 plan that includes ulimited data and 1500 minutes shared. Even the Best Buy associate told us that not many people take their business to Sprint from VZ, but it made sense to save $30 on a monthly basis.

I have spent the last 2 days introducing her to Crackberry and her new way of life. She has already been asking about future BB for sprint. I think for her first new BB, the curve will be the perfect way to start her addiction...
    Last edited by miltonb; 12-27-08 at 11:05 PM.
    12-27-08 10:50 PM
    I switched from VZ to Sprint in July and haven't looked back...I got horrid service from VZ, plus I paid more for my plan, and couldn't get a BB on their "Everything" plan. Also, I ended up with an upgrade on my phone in December (even though my contract was only 5 months in). I'm much happier at Sprint, and I hope your sister is too!
    12-27-08 10:54 PM
    "Yeah Honey!? Can you go outside and get one of those guys and bring him in here to help me fix my phone?"
    "What? What do you mean there's no one outside?"
    "I've got the network!"

"excuuuuse me while i [spit] this out"
    12-27-08 11:04 PM
    Lol. One of the biggest reasons I have been a Sprint customer is because of the awesome plan that I have. Welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 11:43 PM
    Howdy. I have listened to some people put the kibosh on Sprint for a long time, but many don't seem to know Sprint really is working on becoming a customer satisfaction-oriented company. My last visit on the 15th to upgrade and renew my contract was a pleasant surprise. I was informed that staff wasn't on commission anymore, and that there were changes for the better to come.
    My last phone was a Katana, and it was a great phone within it's limitations. Had to replace it thrice, when the charger fried the 1st 1, then I had a brainfart and washed the 2nd, and the next 1 had the sub-LCD go out. The 1st was a new replacement, the others nice refurbs, and the last is relegated to home-phone duties.

This renewal I wasn't thrilled with"phone"limitations, or many of the latest phones available. My rep pointed me towards the smartphones. Less than 3 minutes later I asked her to break out a Curve for adoption, I'd found to my astonishment that I could get this for the same cost as the latest Katana, with a much greater capability. Why settle for less? Never again. And, customer service? The last 2 I spoke American English! Imagine, in this day and age. They actually solved my minor questions.

12-28-08 12:13 AM
    By the way, check on plan discounts thru your work associations or memberships you may have. I could get discounts via my job, or from my electric co-op, or via NRA. Had others but they were lower. Saves me about $30 bux a month on charges for 3 BBs,1 phone, data, pix, text, and insurances.

12-28-08 12:27 AM
    My .02

I recommend Sprint. Been with them for months now. Very satisfied with both their customer service and their coverage/quality of service. And of course the pricing of their plans. Can't be beat by anyone else!

12-28-08 03:38 AM
    I like Sprint, the reason why I got rid of my BB Curve and Pearl with Sprint, the lack of no MMS. I got the Instinct as I am a touchscreen fool. Ha. I found out that I can get a lot off my bill with Verizon, 2 lines for the price of the unlimited talk plan with Sprint. The 2 of us dont need unlimited talk, so its actually going to save us money switching. Sprint is okay, but their CS is horrid most of the time, I was on the phone trying to get my Instinct to get VVM (Visual VoiceMail) to work and I was on the phone for 4 hours and it never got fixed. ''/

Thanks but bye Sprint and Hello again to VZ and the Storm =)

just my imput and story with Sprint
    12-28-08 05:23 AM
    ^^^^^ Have Fun with Verizon.....I really doubt they'll make you're bill cheeper then Sprint....but give it a shot if thats where you heart lies.
    12-28-08 07:19 AM
    Funny, Sprint customer service has been aweful for myself, my wife and even my good friend. All of us have had aweful customer service from the stores and we have since left Sprint. Yeah Sprint is probably cheaper but for me it's not worth it when you have to deal with such aweful staff. I was on Nextel for about 7 years before switching over to ATT. It was shortly after they got bought by Sprint and of course coincides on when the customer service went straight down the tubes. It's a matter of cost v. CS in my opinion.
    12-28-08 11:31 AM
    Funny, Sprint customer service has been aweful for myself, my wife and even my good friend. All of us have had aweful customer service from the stores and we have since left Sprint. Yeah Sprint is probably cheaper but for me it's not worth it when you have to deal with such aweful staff. I was on Nextel for about 7 years before switching over to ATT. It was shortly after they got bought by Sprint and of course coincides on when the customer service went straight down the tubes. It's a matter of cost v. CS in my opinion.
    While I agree the store staff has a lot left to be desired (the manager refused to diagnose my gf's Centro), there are other means available to get the job done. I called tech support, and they mailed out a new phone in 2 days. Easy enough, simple, and now I've already sold the Centro to get her a BB Curve. Also, if you get an unhelpful CSR, hang up and call again.
    12-28-08 12:42 PM
    I prefer Sprint over Verizon. I have 3 lines on a 700 minute shared plan. On the first line (Curve) I have the $30 BB data pack. On the second and third line (my kid's phones) I have unlimited text and picmail. After discounts, I pay $70 a month.......nuff said.
    12-28-08 01:45 PM
    The bottom line is the big difference maker for many Sprint customers. If you want to pay more for customer service, by all means, have at it.
    12-28-08 02:10 PM
    I think that Sprint has the best pricing for Blackberry period, whether for individual ($99 everything) or family ($129 family 1500 minute voice unlimited data/blackberry). I have always received good coverage, service, and I think that any CS from any company, in any industry, sucks anymore because everyone is trying to cut costs and that is going to get cut/outsourced first. Both Sprint and VZ use CDMA, only difference is the main operating frequency.
    12-28-08 02:16 PM
    Ive been with Sprint forever. My sister n law is a assistant manager in a corporate store. Even so ive never had any really bad expierences that have made me want to leave Sprint. Especially for Verizon. My bf has Verizon and he gets hosed on his bill.

I called Sprint last night to inquire about their Phone as a Modem plan and got a non english speaker so i just hung up and called back until i heard what i wanted to hear and was satisfyed. They want to give crappy CS then i will give them the big finger on the hang up button.
    12-28-08 03:25 PM
    By the way, check on plan discounts thru your work associations or memberships you may have. I could get discounts via my job, or from my electric co-op, or via NRA. Had others but they were lower. Saves me about $30 bux a month on charges for 3 BBs,1 phone, data, pix, text, and insurances.

I agree......most companies have some kind of employee discount.
    12-28-08 06:32 PM
    Have fun with VZ and their godly high bills for crappy charges! I had nothing but issues with how they ran their freakin company. Dumb SOBS in the management positions didn't have a clue. I will shed some light in this matter..

Ok, this is how I have to explain to their management team how dumb they are.

First, my contract was not even near getting under way to be renewed for a bit longer but with outstanding profile I had with making my payments ahead of time and paying the full amount, I was able to sweet talk my way of getting a newer phone. I had a older Razor V3m model, phone was ready to give soon. Charge didn't last long, flip was getting to a point where it was not going to stay much longer, plus the buttons were wearing out. But I was able to get a phone of my choice but I had to pay the two year price on a new phone and didn't get the two year extra 100 bucks off my phone, which I didn't seem to care since I just wanted a new dam phone. Anyways, so i look at phones, I went out and got the Voyager, 150 bucks was the price at the time. I talk with the manger there, he seems cool with it and cuts me into the deal, course the phones are a hot selling item so they had to order me one. Now this is were it gets a little exciting!

Ok so he orders the phone for me, didn't think to realize it is going to my home address which I am rarely there and so is whoever else is there, well I had to ask to switch addresses but the order was already sent so I had to call up the Customer Service on the phone. Called them up and they said they can't do anything to their knowledge because FedEx has issues about changing addresses, so I had a nice little calls between Fed and VZ. Finally I had to speak with a dam manager, after I had been promised my issues was solved before I talked with him, I had to ask him why they didn't fix the issue I had in the first place. So he did something nice for me, but there is a catch.

He was able to send me a phone and charge it to my account on VZ and it would be reissued back as credit when the other phone got denied three times and sent back and recorded as never being shipped fully. Now, I got the other phone and I was like a 5 year old playing with a new toy, I thought this phone was cool.

Here is where it gets fun and nasty with the arguments I had. So the manger promised me the account was going to have a credit back into my account once the phone was sent back and recorded and I was fine with that. I used my CC to pay for the phone originally and was ok with that. So, I was told not to touch the amount on there since it was going to show up next month as a credit. So, I did my monthly payment and paid my dues, so I am up at school for the night learning things. I get this wonderful call from VZ asking if I would like to pay that amount on a cc or debit card. I looked around with a questionable face and told them this. "Um no, this is your guys end of the deal that needs to be fixed and I will not pay this, fix this yourself, goodbye!" Just like that I hung up the phone. To people who are still reading this, I am glad your keeping up with me so far. LOL!

Anyways, I call them back up to see what the dam issue was. Seems like someone up there screwed with my account and never wrote anything in the notes about my account being a credit back. I chewed out the lady on the phone, asked for a manager and cused his *** out!! I mean I did what I said. I told him my two cents about the whole issue. His words where I am sorry but doesn't it make sense not to pay for something you didn't receive? I had to argue over the issue about how they credited my CC instead of my dam account I was promised and they could not do a dam thing about it and I had already made a small payment on my cc. I was pissed to the max!! I had all I could take with VZ. I canceled my contract and told them to **** off and they was not getting my money for the bill or the cancel fees. I owe them 450 bucks and they would not take my phone after 30 days so I was stuck with the phone plus the bill. I sold the phone for more than what I payed for and they have been trying to call me and I do not call them back. Since then, I been with sprint and pay less than my mother who has VZ.

Have not looked back to VZ any time soon. I hate how they do their dirty business with people.
    12-29-08 10:21 AM
    Another point is VZ will not lift a finger to throw a deal your way. They won't work with you. They don't offer any deals or discounts outside 2 year contract extentions.

Everyone who has Sprint has been noticing the changes in Customer service and special discounts when encountering issues. Others unfortunately who live in Sprint patchy areas still hang around for the price convinience which we all love.

What I don't ever like hearing is people who say they have been with Sprint for years and have numerous horror stories to tell on why Sprint sucks. I just wondered what took them so long to figure Sprint just wasn't right in the areas they live....
    The first day I experience bad receptions, dropped call, no signal, and so on... I'd be scartching my head thinking what to do.. Whaaat to doooo....
    12-31-08 06:13 PM
    Sprints ok I'm mainly with them for price lol, I actually had no issues with att. And I all think we know cdma carriers get better service than their gsm counterparts.

01-01-09 02:23 PM
    This is one of verizons biggest problem. I was with sprint before and the only reason I switched to verizon 3yrs ago and am still with them is because sprint's coverage was too patchy. (miss my 20% dicount off my bill for threatening to leave sprint) lol.
    01-01-09 02:46 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Different strokes for different folks people! That's all there is to it. Each carrier has its pros and cons, as does every phone.

I have defended Sprint, ATT and VZW all at the same time as well as criticized them all at the same time.

Stop trying to flame each other and get along. Everyone will have their own experiences with different carriers. Grow up and learn this.

01-01-09 03:57 PM
    I love Sprint.You can't beat the 99.99 unlimited plan.
    01-02-09 10:26 AM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Different strokes for different folks people! That's all there is to it. Each carrier has its pros and cons, as does every phone.
    Agree, No one can make everyone happy all the time
    01-02-09 10:37 AM

I have defended Sprint, ATT and VZW all at the same time as well as criticized them all at the same time.

Stop trying to flame each other and get along. Everyone will have their own experiences with different carriers. Grow up and learn this.

Your right, I use to argue with anyone over sprint. Thats because in my area, coverage is flawless. No issues at all, so I always had the urge to defend it when someone was talking trash.. I don't care anyomre. I now just sit back enjoy my service, my curve and my cheap *** bill... Hahaha
    Last edited by miltonb; 01-02-09 at 10:27 PM.
    01-02-09 10:24 PM
    My sister decided to switch from Vz to Sprint after 10 yrs w/ VZ. She had a basic family plan with her husband for $80/mo for the longest time. She got a new storm for Christmas from her husband, but didn't activate it until they chose on a good plan. I offered to assist her on choosing a plan and to buy some accesories at Best Buy. She found out that VZ charges $15 for unlimited data plan on standard internet capable phones and $30/mo for PDA/Blackberry phones. An increase of $45 just for internet.

It only took a 5 minute conversation with her husband to make the desicion to switch to Sprint. She bought the HTC PRO for $199 and the curve 8330 for $50. She signed to the $130 plan that includes ulimited data and 1500 minutes shared. Even the Best Buy associate told us that not many people take their business to Sprint from VZ, but it made sense to save $30 on a monthly basis.

I have spent the last 2 days introducing her to Crackberry and her new way of life. She has already been asking about future BB for sprint. I think for her first new BB, the curve will be the perfect way to start her addiction...
    Way to win them over! Good job
    01-04-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD