I was wondering how early vzw will let you upgrade with the "my verizon" early upgrade option? I know its supposed to be every year, but didn't know if they allowed a 30 or 60 day window on that?

The reason I ask is my storm is starting to get real buggy.....here is what I mean:

I will miss a call when I have a signal, but not get a missed call notice.

I won't get texts......I'm supposed to get 4 texts when my fav hockey team is playing (start of game and then at the end of each period), but last night I only got one end of period update.

My wife will send me a message on BBM and I won't get it for DAYS even though she will send others after the fact that I get almost immediately.

I know I could probably do a warranty exchange, but I hate to do that if I can upgrade.
    11-22-09 09:59 AM
    I was wondering how early vzw will let you upgrade with the "my verizon" early upgrade option? I know its supposed to be every year, but didn't know if they allowed a 30 or 60 day window on that?

The reason I ask is my storm is starting to get real buggy.....here is what I mean:

I will miss a call when I have a signal, but not get a missed call notice.

I won't get texts......I'm supposed to get 4 texts when my fav hockey team is playing (start of game and then at the end of each period), but last night I only got one end of period update.

My wife will send me a message on BBM and I won't get it for DAYS even though she will send others after the fact that I get almost immediately.

I know I could probably do a warranty exchange, but I hate to do that if I can upgrade.
    Try talking to a rep and see what they can do state you not satisfied with your phone and your interested in getting a new one. See if they can bump up your upgrade date. For me it took a while but i was successful and got my storm2
    11-22-09 10:08 AM
    Thanks for the info. I got my S1 the 1st part of feb. so hopefully I can swing an early upgrade.
    11-22-09 10:14 AM
    I agree with TaZ. I was able to move my 11/21 annual upgrade date back to 10/28 when the S2 dropped. It did require "manager approval", but my experience and what I've read on these forums in lots of "early upgrade" threads leads me to believe that if you're in good standing with VZW (pay your bills on time, have been with them a while, etc) they typically grant these upgrade requests. As always your best bet is through calling Customer Service at 611 or 800.922.0204. Like everything else in life, if you treat the ccare rep the way you want to be treated (with courtesy, respect and politeness) you'll typically get what you're asking for. Be prepared to be confronted with a $20 early upgrade fee (I managed to get that waived). If you're not successful with the first rep you speak with try again. It may take a bit of persistance but I'd wager you'll get your upgrade
    11-22-09 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the info. I got my S1 the 1st part of feb. so hopefully I can swing an early upgrade.
    Good luck with that cuz it took me weeks but it was worth it
    11-22-09 10:41 AM
    I also believe that this is an option - but be prepared to have them try to correct you issues first - as taz said it may take weeks, so you will have to consider that.

I had issues with my reception with my first phone - it did well for about 4 months after a pushed PRL (which I got after more that 6 complaints).
    Recently, I damaged the phone and after 2 refurbs that were both broken to various degrees I was given the option to get a new phone if they had one in stock. After all the paperwork was done he checked inventory and found 2 new phones -S1 and a S2, then asked me which one I would like him to send....and I actually thought about it for a moment because the S1 was working pretty darn good up till then. Then my common sense kicked in and I blurted "I think I'll give that S2 a try" LOL - He said fine and overknighted it to me the next day.
    I got it yesterday and feel like I got an early Christmas present!! Through this whole process I was not looking for an upgrade, I just wanted my phone to work because I was truly happy with it. I was extremely polite, never lost my cool - even after 4 phones in 6 days, so I'm convinced this had a lot to do with it.
    Good luck with yours...I hope it all works out
    11-22-09 11:25 AM
    Well attempt #1 was a failure. I was told the earliest I could upgrade is Jan 2nd and this was after I explained that I'm on call for my job so I need a phone that will recieve calls everytime and not 95% of the time........
    11-22-09 11:51 AM
    Update:

After 2 phone calls to c/s and spending over an hour in the local vzw store I am a proud new owner of a........drum roll please.......................REFURB S1!! WOOHOO!!!
    11-22-09 08:16 PM
    I'd say wait. I'm eligible now, but want to wait to another month to see if anything new appears - maybe without the physical keyboard. I've been playing with it alot at the stores, and the top row of keys are really a pain in the arse
    11-22-09 09:41 PM
    Update:

After 2 phone calls to c/s and spending over an hour in the local vzw store I am a proud new owner of a........drum roll please.......................REFURB S1!! WOOHOO!!!
    Good, I'm glad it was fixed....or replaced. And an early upgrade is early at one year....not before that.
    11-22-09 10:30 PM
    Supermario is correct. Read my problem in the thread that says Horrible C/S. I am also on call and was 2 days away from my early or annual upgrade. I made 4 calls myself to Verizon, and the final one made by an in store sales associate got me through the problem. I also recieved a FRU in store, but had the same problem within 2 days. Then since I knew I was close to an upgrade I pursued that route. Either way, as long as it works. I do believe there should be a disclaimer on the storm box stating if you are on call for work, this may not be the phone for you. I never did miss a bbm though.
    11-22-09 10:42 PM
    I am happy that i was able to get a replacement phone, but it is a little frustrating hearing about people who got the early upgrade option and also hearing about how people have been able to swing earlier upgrades.

On top of that I was given different dates on each call on when I could upgrade. Its almost like its not a vzw policy, but the policy of whichever c/s rep you get.
    11-23-09 04:22 PM
    Um, you're more than 30 day away you're more than 60 days away from your early upgrade. They're already giving you an early upgrade by doing it at 12 months. 1/2/2009 w/ a $20 fee seems good to me. If you would like earlier then you can pay 1 year pricing and get an upgrade every 10 months like I do.

It is the discretion of the rep, at least in the west area. Supervisors will normally back the reps decision if it's sound.
    11-23-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD