So, i'm 11 months into my contract with telus and I want to get a storm 2. I've done my research on the phone and I think the improvements over the s1 are just what i've been looking for.

I checked my account online, I don't have any offers listed.

Should I bite the bullet and pay full price (which i'm sure they can bill to my account - correct me if i'm wrong) and sell my Storm 1 while it still has a decent selling price on Craigslist/kijiji OR wait till the new year and see if I have an offer then?

Any suggestions guys?
    12-01-09 09:08 AM
    So, i'm 11 months into my contract with telus and I want to get a storm 2. I've done my research on the phone and I think the improvements over the s1 are just what i've been looking for.

I checked my account online, I don't have any offers listed.

Should I bite the bullet and pay full price (which i'm sure they can bill to my account - correct me if i'm wrong) and sell my Storm 1 while it still has a decent selling price on Craigslist/kijiji OR wait till the new year and see if I have an offer then?

Any suggestions guys?
    they wont bill it to your account and if your 12 months in your contract you can get an early up grade of $200 of any smart phone but the $200 off is off the no contract price. call client care and as them to give you the early up grade.
    12-01-09 09:38 AM
    they wont bill it to your account and if your 12 months in your contract you can get an early up grade of $200 of any smart phone but the $200 off is off the no contract price. call client care and as them to give you the early up grade.
    When I upgraded from my HTC Touch to my storm they billed my contract.

So, I should wait till i'm 12 months in basically and then see if they give me an early upgrade?
    12-01-09 09:42 AM
    When I upgraded from my HTC Touch to my storm they billed my contract.

So, I should wait till i'm 12 months in basically and then see if they give me an early upgrade?
    no call now man they should give it to you, they gave me 8 upgrades in 3 years lol so i dont see why they shouldn't give you one early
    12-01-09 03:27 PM
    When you say "Gave you"...do you mean the allowed you to upgrade? Or they gave you a dollar value off? Or literally GAVE THEM to you? lol...did you have any other circumstances...like your phone was ****e and you complained?

At any rate, I did call on lunch and the rep said that if I wait for the one year to be up they'll give me $200 bucks towards the upgrade.

Probably the smart thing to do...that way IF they're are any issues with the first run of storm 2's RIM can correct that for the second wave.
    12-01-09 03:31 PM
    When you say "Gave you"...do you mean the allowed you to upgrade? Or they gave you a dollar value off? Or literally GAVE THEM to you? lol...did you have any other circumstances...like your phone was ****e and you complained?

At any rate, I did call on lunch and the rep said that if I wait for the one year to be up they'll give me $200 bucks towards the upgrade.

Probably the smart thing to do...that way IF they're are any issues with the first run of storm 2's RIM can correct that for the second wave.
    they let me upgrade with $200 the no contract price an gave the storm 9530 last year for cheaper than the 3 year contract price but that was because i did couple of promotions for them at my college
    12-01-09 03:34 PM
    Do you think maybe THAT had something to do with why they were so nice to you? lol
    12-01-09 03:44 PM
    Do you think maybe THAT had something to do with why they were so nice to you? lol
    No! i get what i want! lol i ya just got to know how to work them thats all, and after doing a customer service course i know all the tricks and how to use them lol but some times ya just need to ask nicely.
    12-01-09 07:58 PM
    I think waiting the extra month is worth it. I really want to upgrade my S1 to a S2 as well, but I can't really justify paying that much for a slightly improved phone. Especially when I paid full price for the S1 at release... I'll never do that again!
    12-01-09 08:11 PM
    I think waiting the extra month is worth it. I really want to upgrade my S1 to a S2 as well, but I can't really justify paying that much for a slightly improved phone. Especially when I paid full price for the S1 at release... I'll never do that again!
    Yeah even if you give them a call they'll give you some money off. Never just go and buy a phone.

I called and they gave me $250 off, even though i was only 11 months into my plan.
    12-01-09 08:29 PM
    When did they do that? I just think that its not fair how unconsistent they are with people.
    12-01-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD