1. ReggieTee's Avatar
    I've got the go ahead to upgrade to the 9700 from my 8900. My upgrade isn't until January 5th. What are the chances I can call them and get my upgrade a lil bit early?
    11-18-09 05:53 PM
  2. BBubbaGump's Avatar
    Mine wasn't until Feb 2010, but they upgraded for me yesterday.

    I have found that consistency along with respect is the way I always get early upgrades. Don't be rude, that doesn't seem to be the right way to get it.
    11-18-09 06:21 PM
  3. ReggieTee's Avatar
    cool, that was going to be my approach anyways. I wonder if they'll split the payment up over 4 months like they did with my 8900. If they do, I'll hang on to my unlocked 8900 as opposed to selling it.
    11-18-09 06:28 PM
  4. lordcliff's Avatar
    When I talked to them, they said they could split the payments up over 4 months. If you switch to the even more + plan, they can spread it over 20 months, but that's full retail. I barely get a discount since I just signed with them last may. Its gonna be a while before I get my hands on this phone. Oh well.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 06:57 PM
  5. NorrisCell's Avatar
    My advice? Call and be nice, as suggested. Ask if there is any way you could get your upgrade a little early. If they tell you no, suck it up and wait.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 02:56 AM
  6. ReggieTee's Avatar
    I still haven't call. I've been reading the 9700 forums and seeing all the issues with these early builds, i.e., trackpad etc. I think I may way until sometime next month unless the rumor of a $150.00 prince next week is true. I want the 9700 but i'm questioning if I really "want" it. It's not too different from my 8900 but 3G is pretty much the only thing that appeals to me. Well, I do like that it's slightly bigger than my Curve.
    11-20-09 10:46 AM
  7. ReggieTee's Avatar
    Update: Well, they'll let me get an early upgrade on 12/5. Upgrade shouldn't be til 1/5/10. I can wait a couple weeks. Well I'd only get a partial discount today. Wait 2 weeks for a full discount. So if you're on an 11 month deal, u can upgrade early @ 10 months.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD