Ok i just upgraded to a blackberry bold 9700 and when I was at the store i told the guy to not make any changes to my account because I am an employee of radioshack and I have a employee plan, well when I went home and tried using the phone it transfered me to accept the terms and conditions and that it was was changing my plan to the 450 roll over minutes plan which i did not want. I have a employee account were I get 2000 anytime minute blackberry plan with unlimited message and internet for 30 a month. So i called customer service and they said they can't leave that plan and they cant do anything about it. Can anyone help me with this problem. cuz theres no reason I should lose my employee plan
    Last edited by empirez32; 12-11-09 at 09:22 PM.
    12-11-09 09:20 PM
    Because what u have is most likely a grandfathered plan and once u upgrade, grandfather plans go away. Since ur an employee of radioshack, you can add their fan to ur acct to get a discount but it won't be anywhere close to what u were getting. U had an awesome plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:03 AM
    Aw that sucks! well i guess ill be returning this blackberry bold 9700 I dont want to change this plan makes no sense to me doing that. Thanks for your reply
    12-12-09 05:57 PM
    Aw that sucks! well i guess ill be returning this blackberry bold 9700 I dont want to change this plan makes no sense to me doing that. Thanks for your reply
    You can't just buy it no commitment and use it with your regular plan? Sounds like the way to go to keep your plan and have the 9700

12-12-09 06:01 PM
    Yeah I was thinking that, but its kinda pricey, and it seems unfair due to the fact I have a upgrade available on my account. ATT will prolly lose me as a customer due to this!
    12-12-09 08:52 PM
    Yeah I was thinking that, but its kinda pricey, and it seems unfair due to the fact I have a upgrade available on my account. ATT will prolly lose me as a customer due to this!
    I say try to call retention first see if that helps, and if it doesn't than I believe the no commitment price for the 9700 right now is 349 plus tax so I wouldn't say that's too bad.... Even though I got mine free

12-12-09 09:50 PM
    Is the 349.00 the retail price at the att store or else where?
    12-14-09 09:29 PM
    did you happen to set up your plan through an RAE? if so, they are the only ones who "should" be handling your account. I have the same plan and I know when I upgrade I have to do it through him.
    12-15-09 10:42 AM
    The 349 was for the online store I think I can't remember now. I think someone said in a thread that they couldn't buy it no commitment online, so try checking the store first.

12-15-09 10:57 AM
    Because what u have is most likely a grandfathered plan and once u upgrade, grandfather plans go away.
    That seems wrong. My family is on the 2000 Rollover, Unlimited N&W, and Unlimited M2M for $99.00/month ($74.00 with our FAN). We've been on this since 2004, and have had 3/4 upgrades since then. We go in, get the upgrades, and our plan is never switched. I thought that grandfathered plans meant that they stayed regardless of upgrades and such...
    12-15-09 03:46 PM
    That seems wrong. My family is on the 2000 Rollover, Unlimited N&W, and Unlimited M2M for $99.00/month ($74.00 with our FAN). We've been on this since 2004, and have had 3/4 upgrades since then. We go in, get the upgrades, and our plan is never switched. I thought that grandfathered plans meant that they stayed regardless of upgrades and such...
    Their are different kinds of grandfather plans, blue (original AT&T) and orange (Cingular). If u have a blue grandfathered plan u HAVE to change ur plan, no work around, if u upgrade. Only option is to buy a phone w/o committment and insert ur sim card. Hopefully they can get that plan back for you b/c the system may not let them add it back on even tho it's only been a few days. Good luck

12-15-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD