I'm getting near the upgrade point on my Rogers cell phone and want to get either a Blackberry or i Phone. My current plan is only $10 per month voice and $15 add on with voicemail, lots of texting and unlimited mobile browsing so I would be sad to see that cheap price go for so many features. I'm wondering if I was to buy a blackberry outright then could i keep the $10 per month voice plan and just add data? Anyone have any advice?
    01-05-11 10:43 AM
    Why don't you call and talk to retentions to see what they will offer you?
    DawgMan likes this.
    01-05-11 02:06 PM
    Why don't you call and talk to retentions to see what they will offer you?
    Very good advice. The people working in retentions have a considerable amount of freedom to work with customers, accounts and features to keep the customer satisfied.
    01-05-11 02:25 PM
    I'll tell you now, that 15$ add-on will disappear and be replaced with a min. data add-on of ~20$ [assuming one 5$ credit for data only] and another 10$ for the texting, etc.
    01-05-11 11:36 PM
    I'll tell you now, that 15$ add-on will disappear and be replaced with a min. data add-on of ~20$ [assuming one 5$ credit for data only] and another 10$ for the texting, etc.
    Why would they lose it? When you do a hardware upgrade and extend your contract you can keep your grandfathered plans in most cases. I have been doing it for years with Rogers.

The $10 voice plan is one I would never give up. All they should have to do is add on a blackberry data package.
    01-06-11 02:44 PM
    ^^ Why?
    "$15 add on with voicemail, lots of texting and unlimited mobile browsing"

Will not allow sales central aka 'the system' to process the request & upgrade without an applicable data plan for a BB/iPhone device.

So he has now two choices:
    1. buy one for retail price - or in the marketplace/eBay, and not be able to use the mobile browser or pay 0.05$/kb

2. lose the mobile browsing add-on and swap it for a data plan & value pack to be eligible for a smartphone and not lose out on voicemail/texting/whatever
    01-06-11 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD