I have a Pearl from Verizon that I want to put on my Sprint line. Since they are both CDMA I would assume it should work. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so do you know where I can find the code? Thanks.
    10-09-08 11:20 AM
    it is impossbile without a very large ammount of annoying work...time would better off being spent buying sprint pearl and selling the vzw one....esn swap prl and pri changing on a blackberry im not even sure is possbile but the esn swap is the ahrd part because it is a little bit illegal...alll in all dont try it its not worth it
    10-09-08 01:03 PM
    Hey girl, Sprint more than likely will not let you do that. I have sprint and asked them if I can buy a storm and unlock it to use on their network and they gave me a flat out no. They said it may be sometime in 2009/2010 when they will start allowing that but still not certain. I wanted a storm so bad but now I dont have to worry about it because they wont provide service anyway. And based on the rates verizon charges here in san antonio, Tx compared to what I pay for sprint, it's not worth switching.
    10-09-08 01:09 PM
    CDMA is different quite different than GSM. The difference we're concerned with here is that fact that CDMA doesn't use SIM cards to interface with the cellular network. With GSM phones your subscriber information is embedded in that SIM card which can be moved from phone to phone. Most GSM phones are initially "SIM locked" to only accept SIM cards from one provider, but that locking can be undone (100% legally).

With CDMA phones, each phone has an electronic serial number (ESN) embedded in it. That ESN is used by the cellular network to identify your phone and provide you service. While it is possible to change an ESN number, as Spencer said, it's illegal. Furthermore, the ESN identifies your phone's model type as well so in order for the phone to continue to be identified as a BlackBerry Pearl you'd need a valid Sprint ESN from a pearl.

Alltold, like Spencer said, you'd be better off trying to sell your Verizon phone and buy a Sprint phone from a third party (such as eBay).
    10-09-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD