My gf (in Lebanon) got a T-mobile 9700 shipped from the UK assuming it was unlocked and unbranded, but were shocked seeing T-mobile brand on the bezel!. After contact with the seller they assured that it can be used the same as any unbranded unlocked one. She can use her sim and make calls, texts etc..., but did not apply for BIS yet. Can any one confirm that it can be handled as an international unbranded unit or it can't be unlocked for BIS or BES by anyway, noting that I got my first bold from the US branded AT&T and couldn't apply for a data plan over here because of the brand issue, but was able to use it for calls.

Any advise is appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 09:59 AM
    There is no reason why it should not work. You just need to get it unlocked if it is not a unlocked device.

Let us know if you need it unlocked.
    12-08-09 08:27 PM
    If the blackberry is reported as lost or stolen RIM will blacklist the PIN on the phone.

Make site the blackberry is not some type of test unit either.

I learned this the hard way with a craigslist sale earlier this year.

Sure you can still make calls, SMS, mms. Even browse the web. However you will not be able to obtain blackbery "push" email or app world if RIM blacklisted the PIN

ask the seller if they have released the PIN.
    12-08-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD