I haven't seen this discussed in any great depth here, so I wanted to start a dedicated thread for it.

Does anyone know if the subsequent North American GSM versions of the Storm will have CDMA capability? My personal line of service is through T Mobile and my corporate liable phone is through Verizon, so naturally, I would like to consolidate and I believe my best chance to have both NAMs working on the same device is through this first wave of Storms (9500/30).

Are there any dissenting opinons out there?

Thanks in advance,
    11-24-08 10:29 AM
    I can tell you that both lines will not be able to be active at the same time. You can either put the phone in CDMA mode or GSM mode. It is not possible to have both working together.
    11-24-08 10:31 AM
    Five any future GSM versions will not have CDMA incorporated. As you originally thought, your best best is with the current version/s
    11-24-08 10:34 AM
    I can tell you that both lines will not be able to be active at the same time. You can either put the phone in CDMA mode or GSM mode. It is not possible to have both working together.
    Thanks,

This I already knew. I don't know of a phone out now that can do dual NAMs simultaneously, do you? But even if I can just get both onto the same device I won't mind forwarding one to the other when necessary.

Thanks again,
    11-24-08 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD