What are the steps to unlocking the BlackBerry Storm? T.I.A.
    03-11-09 06:16 PM
    I couldn't tell you specifically, but I can tell you that there are numerous threads on that topic. Not trying to be rude or unhelpful, but you'll get an answer faster by searching. Good luck .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 06:33 PM
    What are the steps to unlocking the BlackBerry Storm? T.I.A.
    They are being nice to you. As said 1000's of times...call verizon global support and ask for the "subsidy unlock code" because you are traveling to someplace like "costa rica" and you want to use a local sim card. It literally takes 10 minutes.
    03-11-09 06:37 PM
    No im looking for the steps, like what menu and such, not where, sorry shoulda specified it better
    03-11-09 06:57 PM
    Options > Advanced > Sim Card > show keypad > go to landscape mode > mepd
    03-11-09 06:59 PM
    Got options -> Advance -> SimCard. Bring up the Keyboard in fully mode.

Type the following.: mepd and enter.. ( you will not see anything typing)

once you lock the screen type in : mep2 and enter.. (again you will not see anything)

Now from here you need the Unlock which You will have to purchase or get from Verizon.. Don't try any random codesas you only have 10 tries. Before who knows what happens
    03-11-09 07:02 PM
    opps I guess I was 2 mins late
    03-11-09 07:03 PM
    Thanks guys!!!
    03-11-09 07:15 PM
    No im looking for the steps, like what menu and such, not where, sorry shoulda specified it better
    If you would have called them the guy on the phone gives you the steps and walks you through the unlock process. I was trying to kill two birds with one stone lol.
    03-11-09 08:35 PM
    I purchased a code. How do I tell if the unlock worked? I entered a code and the code entry went blank and still said I had ten entries left.

Nevermind. I figured it out.
    Last edited by SergeantBerry; 03-12-09 at 12:52 AM.
    03-11-09 11:32 PM
    Do I need a Verizon account into to unlock the phone? I got the unlock code but I am a AT&T customer, and after i key in the code and it still asks me to activate...
    03-12-09 12:35 AM
    Do I need a Verizon account into to unlock the phone? I got the unlock code but I am a AT&T customer, and after i key in the code and it still asks me to activate...
    One of the requirements to get an unlock code from Verizon (as told to me by a global services CSR) is that the phone be active on a Verizon Wireless account, so no you are going to have to pay for yours from a third party. You can get a code for the Storm for about $20 if you shop around. A while ago someone on here was giving out Storm codes for $10 but he was only doing a certain amount and this was several weeks ago.
    03-12-09 03:16 AM
    I am unable to get unlocking code by calling telus. Any other way to do it ?
    03-12-09 10:24 AM
    I am unable to get unlocking code by calling telus. Any other way to do it ?
    You'll have to do a search online for GSM SIM unlocking services. I don't recall ever seeing one that advertised doing Telus, but I'm sure there is one out there. Of course you will have to pay for it that way, but what can you do.
    03-15-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD