do you really have to be on verizon to unlock it?
    05-13-09 03:30 AM
    do you really have to be on verizon to unlock it?
    Only if you're getting the unlock codes from Verizon. If you bought your phone unlocked or are using someone like Horizon Wireless then Nope.

Verizon will ask you for your customer information. I highly doubt they'll be providing non customers unlock codes for any reason. I could be wrong but don't see it happening.
    05-13-09 08:37 AM
    Horizon Wireless XD
    05-13-09 08:53 AM
    thanks for info
    but i want to know is ther any way that i can use CDMA (Reiance India) with 9530 (Verizon USA) all GSM card working perfecly or is any way to find the ESN or ISN number of the handset
    05-13-09 09:17 AM
    Doesn't. I stuck a T-Mobile Prepaid Sim in. Called Verizon and had it unlocked in 2 mins flat. Long as you have a sim in the slot you can unlock. In the case of not having verizon service, go for a paid unlock. Eitherway you'll need "A" sim card in the storm.

BTW hurro patches
    o hai...
    gud teh see u

kthxbai...
    05-13-09 10:57 AM
    It is my understanding that by law the carrier that sold you the phone has to give you the unlock codes?
    05-13-09 05:37 PM
    laws, schmaws
    05-13-09 05:40 PM
    I got it figured out and my phone unlocked. My sim card wasn't being read by the phone for some reason, so after I got that fixed from a battery pull it unlocked.
    05-13-09 06:35 PM
    i bought one off ebay and is locked to verizon,
    I currently have service with verizon, do i have to register it with them or can i say my friend gave me it, and im going over seas and need a a unlock code because voda phone is not able to cover where im going?
    Last edited by alexand; 05-14-09 at 03:58 PM.
    05-14-09 03:43 PM
    if you have service with VZW, just activate it. idk if they'll let you unlock right away, i think there is a minimum time of payment history, and other terms you need to meet first. call and ask, and let us know what you hear
    05-14-09 04:10 PM
    Does anyone have the contact details for Verizon customer services.
    email or telephone number for people calling from overseas
    Thanks.
    05-14-09 04:18 PM
    google is your friend.
    05-14-09 04:20 PM
    Thanks for that information...how is the messaging (picture, text, and email) working for you?
    will I be able to get it unlocked and use ATT
    05-14-09 05:03 PM
    if you have service with VZW, just activate it. idk if they'll let you unlock right away, i think there is a minimum time of payment history, and other terms you need to meet first. call and ask, and let us know what you hear
    do you have to sign a contract with the data plan?
    05-14-09 05:11 PM
    do you have to sign a contract with the data plan?
    you can't have service with VZW without agreeing to a 1 year minimum contract

you can't have a blackberry on VZW without a minimum $29.99 data plan
    05-14-09 06:23 PM
    I'm confused - I thought AT and T and TMO were the only ones with sim cards and then I read above about pulling out the Verizon sim card. So, I can make my Verizon phone work on TMO?
    05-27-09 10:54 PM
    I'm confused - I thought AT and T and TMO were the only ones with sim cards and then I read above about pulling out the Verizon sim card. So, I can make my Verizon phone work on TMO?
    Regular Verizon phones do not have sim cards. However, Verizon " World Phones" do have sim cards to connect to other country's network. They work on cdma and gsm, like the 9530.

You can't use regular Verizon phone without a sim card on ATT or TMO network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by onepoonis; 05-27-09 at 11:14 PM.
    05-27-09 11:11 PM
    All I know is that I hate my Storm (9530) I went from a Treo 750 to this phone back in DEC and Im sorry I did. I hate the QWERy most of all and the fact that is so NOT practical... oh well! Im Stuck with it for now till I figure out whats better the new iPhone 3.0 or the PRE...
    05-28-09 01:23 AM
    i need to use verizon on most days but it seems i lose coverage on certain rigs and i need the email ability for sending and receiving releases. i want to be able to switch to att when i have to but stay on verizon the rest of the time. is it possible and if so how?

Phase 1: Getting you unlock code
    1. Call Verizon customer support and ask them for Global Customer Care.
    2. When you are finally connected, tell them you need the SIM unlock codes for your device because you are traveling overseas to some remote country that only uses GSM.
    3. If they tell you they cant give you them or they dont have them or any other excuse, say thank you, hang up and go back to step 1 and repeat. It took me 3 calls before someone finally gave me them. Also, dont get all fired up and start screaming because chances are they make a note on your account and it will make it even harder during followup calls. You might also want to try getting the SIM unlock codes from regular customer support.
    4. Write down the unlock code, it is a 16 digit number, you will need it later.

Phase 2: Unlocking your device
    1. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card
    2. Flip your phone to horizontal mode and bring up the keyboard. To bring up the keyboard, hit the BlackBerry button and press Show Keyboard.
    3. Hold down Caps Lock key until it locks.
    4. Type "MEPD" without the quotes. This will bring up the SIM Card screen.
    5. You should see a list of Active and Disabled SIM locking categories.
    6. Again, hold down the Caps Lock key until it locks.
    7. This time type "MEP2"
    8. You should get a dialog that says "Enter Network MEP code (10 left):"
    9. Enter the SIM unlock code you got from Verizon and hit the Enter button.
    ***MAKE SURE YOU TYPE IT EXACTLY AS YOU WERE GIVEN IT*** If you type it incorrect 10 times, you will render your phone useless. If it doesnt work after the first 2 times, call Verizon back and verify the number you got is right.

Phase 3: Forcing the Phone to use GSM
    1. Pull the battery out and pull the Verizon SIM card out. Easiest way is with a pencil eraser.
    2. Put the new SIM card from either TMobile of ATT in and put the battery back in.
    3. When the phone finally boots back up go to Options -> Mobile Network
    4. Change the Network Technology to GSM/UMTS
    5. Hit the back button and wait as your GSM carrier is detected and the phone is registered with them.

Hope this helps
    06-04-09 02:03 AM
    Anyone want to try my unlock service?
    I sell it for $14.99, but I can sell for $9.99
    Verizon / 9530's
    If interested, pm email me

Qty of more than 2 will even be cheaper -
    Turn around is approx 1 hr ( during Biz Hours , unless your a dealer )
    06-04-09 02:12 AM
    i need to use verizon on most days but it seems i lose coverage on certain rigs and i need the email ability for sending and receiving releases. i want to be able to switch to att when i have to but stay on verizon the rest of the time. is it possible and if so how?
    Yes it's possible. First you need the Storm unlocked, then you need an activated AT&T sim card. After you have swapped out the sims, you go to "Manage Connections" and then you will click on "Mobile Network Options". There you will see where to change the network. I use my Storm with Verizon (play) and T-Mobile (work provided sim). If you have been a loyal customer to Verizon, call Global Support for the unlock code. No need to pay for anything.

You will have to switch back and forth between networks. They will not work at the same time (as far as I know).
    Last edited by MPHSeries1; 06-06-09 at 02:17 AM.
    06-06-09 02:09 AM
    I got it to work with Tmobile with literally no effort. Phone calls incoming and outgoing no problem. Internet no problem. Download of emails successful and text messaging work like a charm.
    How did you get your phone to receive emails? I tried to set up my email accounts and I can't . can you help me with that?

Thanks.
    06-06-09 09:35 PM
    I have the codes already, but when i go to type in the MEP@ nothing pops up! I think I might have tried over ten times. Is there a way that I can reset it?! Thanks!
    06-08-09 11:45 AM
    No you can't reset it, but if you tried over 10 times, your phone would be useless. Refer to the first post again on the unlocking procedure. After each M* phrase, you must hit the enter key.
    06-08-09 12:48 PM
    Why would one want to use a phone thats meant for CDMA on a GSM network like AT&T. You arent going to get the right UMTS signals, just EDGE signals.

You dont lose your warranty, I used to be in this business and sold unlocked phones for one of the largest stores in NYC. Even if it is unlocked, when you are in the states, isnt it going to refer to its CDMA bands? One would figure it would work like the 8830 where it was CDMA with a GSM SIM slot. Sprint and Verizon are basicallly the only carriers that use CDMA, anywhere else you go are GSM. Damn, most of the world dont even work on Quad band, they are tri band lacking 850. Obviously the phone is gonna lack 1700 for TMO for 3G and 850/1900 for AT&T. I could see it having 2100 for the rest of the world but thats worthless in the US.
    07-26-09 12:28 PM
303 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD