Just got a Sprint from Craig's List and its new in box. I went ahead and purchased the unlocking code and inserted my t-mobile sim card and turned off all the network connections. I opened Options -> Advanced Options -> Sim Card, and type MEPD, and I get this screen:

Note that Network is Disabled not Inactive or Active.

When I tried typing MEP2, nothing popped up so I can enter the unlocking code.

When I tried changing the network type to GSM, I was able to receive SMS's but was not able to make or receive calls. It still says in the display screen Activation Required.

How can I get it working on T-Mobile?
    09-07-09 10:12 PM
    Going to need the T-Mobile service books.
    09-07-09 10:22 PM
    try unlocking the phone with the sprint sim card the phone came with,
    09-07-09 10:40 PM
    kattanah- i have a 9630 it was on sprint but now i have it on t-mobile .i have a buddy that might be able to help you cause he helped me out. you can email me [email protected]. and you can call sprint and get the 16 # lock code but they might not give it to you and must of the 9630 dont need the lock code.and the sim card that the phone came with is nothing unless you are over seas... but just hit me up we can help
    Last edited by williebemen; 09-07-09 at 10:56 PM.
    09-07-09 10:52 PM
    Just got a Sprint from Craig's List and its new in box. I went ahead and purchased the unlocking code and inserted my t-mobile sim card and turned off all the network connections. I opened Options -> Advanced Options -> Sim Card, and type MEPD, and I get this screen:

When I tried changing the network type to GSM, I was able to receive SMS's but was not able to make or receive calls. It still says in the display screen Activation Required.

Once u type MEPD and Network shows Disabled
    it means that your Tour is already unlocked.
    Free to use any GSM sim cards.

For Activation Required, you need MSL unlocked code.
    Last edited by armei; 09-08-09 at 12:18 AM.
    09-08-09 12:16 AM
    Once u type MEPD and Network shows Disabled
    it means that your Tour is already unlocked.
    Free to use any GSM sim cards.

For Activation Required, you need MSL unlocked code.
    What do you mean by MSL unlocked code? is it the code you are supposed to enter it when hitting MEP2?
    09-08-09 02:11 AM
    Anyone has the SPC memory address and length for the Tour?
    09-08-09 08:54 PM

Why did you do that when Sprint give's it to it's customers for free
    09-08-09 08:56 PM
    The Tour from Sprint comes unlocked. Very few came locked in the beginning.
    09-09-09 12:41 AM
    What do you mean by MSL unlocked code? is it the code you are supposed to enter it when hitting MEP2?
    alrite so question i guess my tour is unlocked im tryin to use it for tmobile i can make phone calls and send and recive texts i cant access the internet email or bbm so i need that msl code for that
    01-12-10 08:55 PM
    As far as I know, the MSL Code just removes the activation required message. Did you setup the proper service books for the device?

alrite so question i guess my tour is unlocked im tryin to use it for tmobile i can make phone calls and send and recive texts i cant access the internet email or bbm so i need that msl code for that
    01-13-10 04:57 AM

You will need to get the MSL code to remove "Activation Required" message. We can get it for you.
    01-13-10 10:01 AM
    i went onto Sprint website right now, and went under "live chat" with a sprint rep by the name of Katie. I simply asked if Tours come unlocked from Sprint. She went onto telling me all about the Tour which I didnt need to hear since I already own one. I asked her again, "do sprint tours come unlocked" she told me "you need an code to get it unlocked"

she went onto telling me more about the Tour again instead of going on about my question, so I got rid of her since she was talking about of garbage I didnt need to hear. she did say however you do need an unlock code
    02-25-10 10:24 AM
    i went onto Sprint website right now, and went under "live chat" with a sprint rep by the name of Katie. I simply asked if Tours come unlocked from Sprint. She went onto telling me all about the Tour which I didnt need to hear since I already own one. I asked her again, "do sprint tours come unlocked" she told me "you need an code to get it unlocked"

she went onto telling me more about the Tour again instead of going on about my question, so I got rid of her since she was talking about of garbage I didnt need to hear. she did say however you do need an unlock code
    Some of Sprint's Tour already come unlocked.
    02-25-10 10:26 AM

Probably new CSR...but old Sprint Tours will require the unlock code, but most new ones will already be unlocked. Try calling a store and asking.
    02-25-10 10:26 AM
    System
    Codra has joined this session!
    11:31:01 System
    Connected with Codra
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Codra. In order to better assist you, may I please have your first and last name?
    11:31:34 matt
    I'm not currently with Sprint at the moment, but my name is Matt, but I just had a quick question abotu a phone..
    11:32:21 Codra
    Thank you for that information. I see that you chatted in wanting to know if the BlackBerry Tour came unlocked. Is this your current question?
    11:32:58 matt
    yes, I'm still trying to figure out if Tours come "unlocked" or if you need an unlock code?
    11:33:56 Codra
    I would be happy to assist you with this information. To clarify, are you wanting to purchase the phone from Sprint and use it with another carrier?
    11:35:59 matt
    honestly, I'm just trying to get my information correct as I always thought sprint sold "locked" blackberry Tours, and I have been told thats not the case, and trying to figure out whats the truth or not, which is why I'm asking sprint in here
    11:36:51 Codra
    I understand. The phones are sold locked and available for activation only with Sprint.
    11:37:24 matt
    so if I were to go into a sprint store today, the Tours are all locked, and I would need to get a unlock code if I ever wanted it unlocked?
    11:38:11 Codra
    Yes, that is correct. In order to use the phone with another carrier, you would be required to have the phone unlocked.
    11:38:25 matt
    thank you for the information
    11:38:36 Codra
    You are welcome.
    11:38:46 Codra
    Do you have any further questions for me today?
    11:38:55 matt
    no, thank you for the time. have a good day
    02-25-10 10:39 AM
    Again, most of them are reading a manual they have. I assure you that you walk in a Sprint store and buy a Tour 9630, chances are the phone is already unlocked.
    02-25-10 10:40 AM
    Here you go, just called a Sprint store in the area and spoke to "Jerrika", you can call and see for yourself (305) 466-1200 or call any other store.
    02-25-10 10:44 AM
    System
    Codra has joined this session!
    Connected with Codra
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Codra. In order to better assist you, may I please have your first and last name?
    11:31:34 matt
    I'm not currently with Sprint at the moment, but my name is Matt, but I just had a quick question abotu a phone..
    11:32:21 Codra
    Thank you for that information. I see that you chatted in wanting to know if the BlackBerry Tour came unlocked. Is this your current question?
    11:32:58 matt
    yes, I'm still trying to figure out if Tours come "unlocked" or if you need an unlock code?
    11:33:56 Codra
    I would be happy to assist you with this information. To clarify, are you wanting to purchase the phone from Sprint and use it with another carrier?
    11:35:59 matt
    honestly, I'm just trying to get my information correct as I always thought sprint sold "locked" blackberry Tours, and I have been told thats not the case, and trying to figure out whats the truth or not, which is why I'm asking sprint in here
    11:36:51 Codra
    I understand. The phones are sold locked and available for activation only with Sprint.
    11:37:24 matt
    so if I were to go into a sprint store today, the Tours are all locked, and I would need to get a unlock code if I ever wanted it unlocked?
    11:38:11 Codra
    Yes, that is correct. In order to use the phone with another carrier, you would be required to have the phone unlocked.
    11:38:25 matt
    thank you for the information
    11:38:36 Codra
    You are welcome.
    11:38:46 Codra
    Do you have any further questions for me today?
    11:38:55 matt
    no, thank you for the time. have a good day

Point being? Most of us on here have been doing for quite sometime and know most CSR reps anywhere are 100% completely trained and sometimes don't even know their selling a particular device already. As said before some come unlocked and others do not.
    02-25-10 10:55 AM
    Agreed...the majority of Sprint tours are sold unlocked.
    02-25-10 10:56 AM
    Here's the "La Familia" Backup..lol..OP understood he got mislead in other theread.
    02-25-10 11:02 AM
    Here's the "La Familia" Backup..lol..OP understood he got mislead in other theread.
    The 3 amigos
    02-25-10 11:10 AM
    I just picked up a Tour from Sprint today. I inserted an active T-Mobile (pre-paid) SIM card and it works no problem.
    03-08-10 10:44 PM
    I just started a contract with Sprint last week and purchased a brand new tour and it came already UNLOCKED
    03-08-10 11:04 PM
    I just started a contract with Sprint last week and purchased a brand new tour and it came already UNLOCKED
    Yes, most Blackberry Tours 9630 sold by Sprint come UNLOCKED.
    03-09-10 10:52 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD