I couldn't be happier with the storm, however one grip I have is how much of a pain unlocking the screen is.
    1. Press the screen to turn it back on
    2. then you have to press again to bring up the "unlock" button
    3. then you have to press the "unlock" button
    4. finally then am I able to put my password in.

On my old curve you could just start typing the password at any point and you're good to go.

This must be able to be streamlined on the Storm. I think the best option would be pressing the screen once should just turn the screen on with the keyboard showing and the text box for your password up, then you can just start entering your password.

I'm using the .75 OS from verizon. Does anyone know if any of the future updates fix this or if it's even in the plans?
    02-20-09 11:02 AM
    Yes, I found that mine is almost too easy. The button on the top of the phone sometimes gets pressed when it's in my pocket. I know it's taboo to say, but I really wish they could do something like the iPhone/iPod Touch does with the swipe-to-unlock action. That seems less likely to accidentally happen.
    02-20-09 11:12 AM
    I couldn't be happier with the storm, however one grip I have is how much of a pain unlocking the screen is.
    1. Press the screen to turn it back on
    2. then you have to press again to bring up the "unlock" button
    3. then you have to press the "unlock" button
    4. finally then am I able to put my password in.

On my old curve you could just start typing the password at any point and you're good to go.

This must be able to be streamlined on the Storm. I think the best option would be pressing the screen once should just turn the screen on with the keyboard showing and the text box for your password up, then you can just start entering your password.

I'm using the .75 OS from verizon. Does anyone know if any of the future updates fix this or if it's even in the plans?
    I don't use a password, but too unlock my screen I can simply click the lock/unlock button. That's it.
    02-20-09 11:19 AM
    I hadn't even noticed but now it's going to **** me off. lmao.
    02-20-09 11:23 AM
    If you really need to password lock your phone...it SHOULD be a small process to open or...why even lock it in the first place. live with it or use the lock/unlock button on top.
    02-20-09 11:28 AM
    If you really need to password lock your phone...it SHOULD be a small process to open or...why even lock it in the first place. live with it or use the lock/unlock button on top.
    I prefer having the password. the process of entering a password isn't what bothers me, it was the process of getting to the point where I could actually enter my password that seems cumbersome. On that note though, I also didn't realize the lock button was also an unlock button that brought up the password box right away. I guess I can live with that. Although I still don't see why clicking the screen can't also do the same thing.
    02-20-09 11:42 AM
    you could download dmglakewood's phonelock app, which you just put your finger on a certain area of the screen and it will unlock. It's not exactly the same, since you can push an end key to bypass it, but you can keep accidental screen hits from happening in your pocket with it.
    02-20-09 11:44 AM
    Yeah...i know. I do also like the idea of a "slide" feature like the iphone/ipod touch. That would be nice.
    02-20-09 11:45 AM
    I prefer having the password. the process of entering a password isn't what bothers me, it was the process of getting to the point where I could actually enter my password that seems cumbersome. On that note though, I also didn't realize the lock button was also an unlock button that brought up the password box right away. I guess I can live with that. Although I still don't see why clicking the screen can't also do the same thing.
    Now that you've found out you can press the unlock button it should be easy enough.

On a side note, iirc on .75, clicking the screen when locked will still light up. Just so you're aware, in the later OS's if the screen is locked, clicking the screen will not do anything or even light up which I think is a GREAT feature.
    02-20-09 12:05 PM
    Now that you've found out you can press the unlock button it should be easy enough.

On a side note, iirc on .75, clicking the screen when locked will still light up. Just so you're aware, in the later OS's if the screen is locked, clicking the screen will not do anything or even light up which I think is a GREAT feature.
    Yeah, the unlock button makes things easy enough. I'll just have to break the habit of clicking the screen now...especially if that's not going to do anything in later OSs. I guess that is a good feature to prevent accidental clicks and preserve battery. Thanks for the heads up.
    02-20-09 12:08 PM
    Yeah, the unlock button makes things easy enough. I'll just have to break the habit of clicking the screen now...especially if that's not going to do anything in later OSs. {b]I guess that is a good feature to prevent accidental clicks and preserve battery.[/b] Thanks for the heads up.
    Exactly why I love it. I actually hated lock feature at first because of that not to mention, they took away the infamous Standby feature/button. But now that the screen doesn't light up anymore, it actually works just like the old Standby button.

Glad I could help.
    02-20-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD