I recently purchased a Bold 2 9700 unlock code from unlocking.com. My details were all correct, and I was given a code within minutes. However, when I tried the code my BB told me the code was invalid. I double checked everything and sure as day, the code should have worked. I have contacted them but have had no response just yet, but does anyone know why this has happened?

Before that I tried a different site, and it turns out both codes were exactly the same... double screwed. I have no idea why the phone won't accept the code. ;_;
    Last edited by LC155; 06-15-10 at 03:47 PM.
    06-15-10 03:32 PM
    Update: I was given free codes by berrymods, and have discovered that for some reason, the phone will just not accept them. I have definitely not got anything wrong, as he got me to run a program which told me all the details, IMEI and MEP. Does anyone know why the phone is just flat out refusing to accept the codes?
    06-15-10 05:06 PM
    Interesting.....
    06-15-10 05:39 PM
    Sounds like you have a hardware issue. Lately since the release of the 8900 model's RIM has produced corrupted devices with hardware problems. Only way to unlock is via software.
    06-16-10 12:11 AM
    Sounds like you have a hardware issue. Lately since the release of the 8900 model's RIM has produced corrupted devices with hardware problems. Only way to unlock is via software.
    Thanks, I found this out last night, and also found a guide to removing the code via software, I'm going to try that.

Curiously though, you mentioned corrupted hardware, does this delve into other sectors of the phone, or does it only affect the SIM lock subsidy code?
    Last edited by LC155; 06-16-10 at 01:29 AM.
    06-16-10 01:27 AM
    Out of curiosity, how many times did you try to enter the code, and was the phone new or used before you got it?
    06-16-10 11:18 AM
    If you try to unlock your phones 10 times your going to lock it for good unless you bring it into a store.
    06-16-10 12:00 PM
    I recently purchased a Bold 2 9700 unlock code from unlocking.com. My details were all correct, and I was given a code within minutes. However, when I tried the code my BB told me the code was invalid. I double checked everything and sure as day, the code should have worked. I have contacted them but have had no response just yet, but does anyone know why this has happened?

Before that I tried a different site, and it turns out both codes were exactly the same... double screwed. I have no idea why the phone won't accept the code. ;_;
    What message do you get before you enter the code? how many left?
    06-16-10 12:08 PM
    What message do you get before you enter the code? how many left?
    I just get "Code Error.. please wait"

Something like that. I only have 1 shot left. :/
    06-16-10 12:39 PM
    I just get "Code Error.. please wait"

Something like that. I only have 1 shot left. :/
    Ok usually when it's a software issue the phone counter will not go down. Email the us the IMEI/MODEL/Provider and we will recheck the code for you.
    06-16-10 12:41 PM
    Ok usually when it's a software issue the phone counter will not go down. Email the us the IMEI/MODEL/Provider and we will recheck the code for you.
    Just emailed, forgot to mention the provider was Vodafone UK.
    06-16-10 12:48 PM
    Just emailed, forgot to mention the provider was Vodafone UK.
    Great, we will check it right away.
    06-16-10 12:51 PM
    As for the software thinf mentioned earlier, turns out that MFI Multiloader doesn't support the 9700 yet. UGH.

If the code checks out as being the same, then I'm pretty much screwed and have to go all the way to a Vodafone shop for them to unlock it there, correct?

What a hassle just to use a different provider's SIM card... :/
    06-16-10 12:56 PM
    As for the software thinf mentioned earlier, turns out that MFI Multiloader doesn't support the 9700 yet. UGH.

If the code checks out as being the same, then I'm pretty much screwed and have to go all the way to a Vodafone shop for them to unlock it there, correct?

What a hassle just to use a different provider's SIM card... :/
    We just checked and the code you received is wrong which explains why it was giving you a code error. We have the correct code for your phone.
    06-16-10 01:04 PM
    Okay, I placed an order. I plan t oget refunds from the other two sites as I have my picture evidence. I hope this one works, otherwise it's shop time.
    06-16-10 01:16 PM
    Okay, I placed an order. I plan t oget refunds from the other two sites as I have my picture evidence. I hope this one works, otherwise it's shop time.
    Your correct code has been emailed Don't worry this one will work 100%.
    06-16-10 01:17 PM
    Man, you're a champion. Code worked perfectly <3

Cellunlock.net ftw
    06-16-10 01:18 PM
    Man, you're a champion. Code worked perfectly <3

Cellunlock.net ftw
    Glad to hear! Now time to enjoy your Unlocked Blackberry.
    06-16-10 01:19 PM
    Too bad I can't debrand it just yet, but I can wait now that it's unlocked. :]

QQ however: How come those 3 sites gave me the same code? Do they use an older method of activation which doesnt work for Vodafone UK or the 9700? Seems strange.
    06-16-10 01:22 PM
    Too bad I can't debrand it just yet, but I can wait now that it's unlocked. :]

QQ however: How come those 3 sites gave me the same code? Do they use an older method of activation which doesnt work for Vodafone UK or the 9700? Seems strange.
    There are always new securities that come out with Blackberry and we are always updating our files. We check every order manually as opposed to sites that are fully automated, so we know exactly what code to send to the customer to make sure it works.
    06-16-10 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD