hey guys, having a quick problem. I recently switched over from T-Mobile to ATT just last week. The porting etc etc just finished up yesterday. I ordered a code from cell unlock and for the past day, have been trying to unlock my 8520. When i put in the code and click enter, it says the code has been accepted but than the phone freezes. When i do a battery pull and check if the phone has been unlocked, i realize that its still locked. I probably did this 3 times. I even updated to 5.0, but still no luck. what do u guys think the problem is? could i claim warranty on this???
    11-16-09 10:35 PM
    I moved your post to the unlocking forum. I suggest you contact cell unlock for assistance with the code you obtained from them. It's hard for me to see how either T-Mobile or AT&T would have any warranty obligation to help you with a problem caused by your attempt to use a 3rd party unlock code. The OS version has no bearing on locking or unlocking.
    11-16-09 11:16 PM
    We've actually encountered this issue and the device has had to be swapped out by warranty, which the carrier replaced each time.
    11-17-09 12:46 AM
    hey guys, having a quick problem. I recently switched over from T-Mobile to ATT just last week. The porting etc etc just finished up yesterday. I ordered a code from cell unlock and for the past day, have been trying to unlock my 8520. When i put in the code and click enter, it says the code has been accepted but than the phone freezes. When i do a battery pull and check if the phone has been unlocked, i realize that its still locked. I probably did this 3 times. I even updated to 5.0, but still no luck. what do u guys think the problem is? could i claim warranty on this???
    If you got "Code Accepted" then your phone unlocked. The issue might be your phone or software. You can email us and we will troubleshoot you.
    11-17-09 02:10 AM
    thanks for the replies guys!
    so u guys encountered this before?
    cause im pretty sure the code is correct because it says code accepted but afterwards it immediately locks up and than after i battery pull, the phone seems to be carrier locked again.
    do u guys have an idea what the problem may be?
    because a new OS didn't help.
    11-17-09 06:35 AM
    It usually always turned out to be the memory board.
    11-17-09 09:31 AM
    thanks for the replies guys!
    so u guys encountered this before?
    cause im pretty sure the code is correct because it says code accepted but afterwards it immediately locks up and than after i battery pull, the phone seems to be carrier locked again.
    do u guys have an idea what the problem may be?
    because a new OS didn't help.
    What do you mean by the phone locks up?
    11-17-09 10:39 AM
    Exactly what he is saying, You go to enter the unlock code, it wasy say "code accepted" then it will freeze the screen. Reboot and the mepd screen still shows a "active" network meaning the code didn't take. Its a hardware malfunction.
    11-17-09 10:47 AM
    And as the OP would no longer be a customer of the Original provider the warranty is null and void. The carrier need not do a thing in this regard.
    11-17-09 11:30 AM
    RIM would still warranty it out if its under one year.
    11-17-09 11:34 AM
    have the same problem here
    but knowing i can get it swapped makes me feel better hahaha
    11-17-09 04:17 PM
    Always feels better when you know you got warranty
    11-17-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD