Does anyone one know how and if I can unlock a bold for verizon? If so, will it work well?
    03-24-09 11:08 PM
    Wont work, Bold doesnt have CDMA
    03-24-09 11:09 PM
    You can wait for the Niagra.
    03-24-09 11:14 PM
    Can't

Verizon = CDMA technology

Bold = GSM technology

They don't mix at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 02:44 AM
    Damn, glad I searched and found this. I was gonna take advantage of the free Bold giveaway right now, and unlock it and just swap sim cards between my storm and bold. oh well
    03-27-09 10:45 PM
    you still have to sign a contract im sure to get the "free" bold
    03-27-09 10:46 PM
    you still have to sign a contract im sure to get the "free" bold
    Yeah but buy the phone, pay the ETF and you get a phone for like $200.
    03-27-09 10:48 PM
    Yeah but buy the phone, pay the ETF and you get a phone for like $200.
    im pretty sure it doesnt work that way. i think within a certain amount of time you can expect a bill back in the mail for the full price of the phone.

i thought of it, did some searches on google and decided against it for that reason. was going to do that to get the 8900 :-).

correct me if i am wrong, because if i am, im going to do that as soon as the 8900's price drops :-)
    03-27-09 10:56 PM
    Damn, glad I searched and found this. I was gonna take advantage of the free Bold giveaway right now, and unlock it and just swap sim cards between my storm and bold. oh well
    the Storm (Verizon CDMA) doesnt even use a SIM card, does it? most if not all CDMA phones dont need one to authenticate with the network. and yes, if you sign a new contract for two years, get a new phone for cheap, then cancel, pay your ETF....they will most likely send u another bill for the cost of the phone. if you are lucky, maybe it will be prorated. and if you cancel within the 30 day period, you either give the phone back for get a huge bill for the cost of the phone.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 03-31-09 at 04:18 AM.
    03-31-09 04:16 AM
    the verizon storm does have a sim card slot. but its because its intended to be a world phone, so when verizon users go overseas they can take their phone with em, unlike regular cdma phones. the verizon storm has both gsm and cdma.
    03-31-09 05:41 AM
    An unlocked GSM phone will work only on other GSM networks ...
    03-31-09 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD