Hello im new to the forum a you can see.

I tried looking around for answers but i came up with nothing so i decided to make this thread.

I live in mexico and have a nextel phone, i basically want to know what i have to do in order to use a phone i buy off of ebay (the 8350i).

Im not sure if i need to unlock it, or how to unlock it for that matter.

I would greatly apreciate feedback and suggestions.

Thank you.

ps: here is the phone im looking at buying, it says its UNLOCKED but im not sure if it will work in my country.
    01-13-10 03:21 PM
    ebay item #: 160394557174
    (since it wont let me post up links)

FORGOT TO ASK:

Will "unlocking" it keep all the phones functions in order? BBM, browser, SMS, MMS, etc etc

thanks again
    01-13-10 03:22 PM
    8350i + unlock = FAIL.

Caution should be taken when buying off ebay. The esn and imei need to be released by the carrier through the current user.
    using an 8350i in Mexico you will likely need to buy a sim from your Nextel carrier in order for it to work along with the proper plan to utilize BBM and data.
    01-13-10 04:21 PM
    8350i won't work in Mexico. Most other models will function just fine.
    01-13-10 07:18 PM
    Carrier- maybe you need to check before you jump on a thread. the 8350i will work in Mexico on the Nextel network. The 8350i cannot be unlocked. This has been discussed many times.

Top- do a search on 8350i mexco and you will find others that use this bb in mexico.
    01-13-10 08:11 PM
    this blackberry should work on mexico as the nextel letters on the bottom are grey and not yellow. ask the seller if he had it with nextel mexico, if its reported stolen or lost it will not work (only walkie talkie). bb messenger its the only thing that i havent tried on an american 8350i (Supposedly BB PIN is tied to the account and only mexican blackberries are allowed to PIN). messages will work with the right service books.
    01-14-10 02:10 AM
    It will work there, talked to a guy in Cabo on one yesterday
    01-14-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD