hey whats up, im fairly new to this but i've been studying all of this for the past two days because im dying to get this Storm unlocked.

its a Verizon BB storm, and i got the unlock code from UnlockToTalk.com.

i dont have the original Verizon sim card, but i've been told that i dont need it. (even though the instructions specifically say "ensure that the original sim is in"

i goto advanced options>sim card> type MEPD>MEP2, then the unlock code screen appears, with a 10 on the side of it, meaning that i have 10 tries left.

i put in the code that i was provided with (from unlocktotalk) and it says "code error, please wait...." or something like that, and nothing happens. and the number 10, stays there! it doesnt count down like it should....

so i've been fighting with this thing for 2 days, downloading, installing, upgrading, downgrading, just really trying everything....

what exactly is wrong with this? what do i need to do to get this phone unlocked and working on my Carrier....

Thanks in advance for anyone trying to help
    07-09-09 08:03 PM
    Try a battery pull...
    07-09-09 09:30 PM
    i've done that about 20 times... haha... but thanks for the input
    07-09-09 09:34 PM
    u said u dont have the sim card, what happened to it? ? cuz i think ya need a sim card
    07-10-09 01:19 AM
    i bought the phone used, but the guy i bought it from is sending it to me. however, i've grown so impatient to use this phone i dont wanna wait the few days it will take to get here!
    07-10-09 01:22 AM
    Yea I'm pretty sure you DO need the SIM card, but you can also try the unlock vendor for help.

Also please note our rules regarding bumping threads.....

Bumping
    This refers to posting with the deliberate intention to either pad your post count or to keep a thread 'hot' so it appears at the top of the forum. Bumping can sometimes be useful, but you must wait three days from the original post to bump the thread. Only one bump is allowed per thread per user. CrackBerry.com's moderator’s reserve the right to delete useless “bumps” at their discretion.
    07-10-09 09:31 AM
    You have to have a sim card in the phone while you're setting phone to be unlocked
    07-10-09 09:42 AM
    alright well thanks guys
    07-10-09 11:16 AM
    i still havnt recieved the card, hopefully tomorrow. can anyone verify that you DO indeed need the Verizon to get this phone unlocked, and the counter will not change if entered without the verizon card...?
    07-12-09 05:15 PM
    Hey. Try to upgrade or downgrade your firmware. Do a search on that here on crackberry. Good Luck - It should work.
    07-14-09 11:41 AM
    i tried that! i ended up getting another storm....
    07-14-09 11:42 AM
    Whatever happened to that BB Storm? It sounds like you were working with a refurbished phone Do you still have it? It can probably still be unlocked.
    09-10-09 11:06 PM
    I've unlocked phones with and without simcards. Let me know if you need help.

I usually upgrade or downgrade firmware. Then I do a battery pull then enter the unlock code.
    09-11-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD