So I called AT&T and the woman told me that my contract wasn't up and I can't receive and unlock code, what gives? She said that since I renewed my account a few months ago and the contract is not up, I cant receive an unlock code?

Are they trying to trick me ? lol
    12-31-09 06:52 PM
    They may have a policy regarding how frequently you can request unlock codes, or more likely, how long you have to be under contract before they'll issue one. I think VZW's is 60 days. My advice: call back. You'll get someone different

If all else fails one of the kind folks from the unlocking forums will be chiming in momentarily I assume.
    12-31-09 07:01 PM
    if they wont give you the unlock code, you can get one off ebay for like 2.50 lol (i personally use unlockg)
    12-31-09 07:08 PM
    call back and try to get another rep.
    01-01-10 01:24 AM
    You have to FALL WITHIN their guidelines if you do not which I am assuming you don't since they did not give you a code. You can call back and try again, but if it fails then we can help you out.
    01-01-10 10:40 PM
    Here's the deal so far. I bought one from eBay and they could not find a code for my Bold, so they refunded me. AT&T sent me a text message back, I tried a bunch of reps and the code could not be found.

I'm definitely in the place where I can have an unlock code, it's just not there.
    I bought the phone from AT&T and got a replacement a few months after i bought it, could it have messed something up with the IMEI numbers?

It's really strange..
    01-04-10 07:44 PM
    oh wow so theres a waiting period before i can unlock? so what if i get a bold, and 2 weeks later have to fly outside the country? am i SOL? thats pretty terrible
    01-04-10 08:03 PM
    Did you use UnlockG on Ebay, I have a 100% success rate with him, and have had a similar situation as this since I unlock blackberries locally (charge 15, cost 2 for the code = lovely profit when you get 10 or so a week, easy side cash).

Basically what happened was a refurb while T-Mo branded didn't initially pull up in the system so unlockg had to dig deeper, pull the battery off the back and you'll see a white sticker with your imei and pin, and on the top of the sticker you'll see a product number (it will say PRD), jot that down and give him an email and explain your situation to him and give him the info, and ask him if he can generate a code, you might have to buy before hand but he's a cool cat so he might pull it up for you.

Your refurb is most likely from a different region even though its att branded. It wouldn't surprise me if its a Rogers phone to be honest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 08:04 PM
    oh wow so theres a waiting period before i can unlock? so what if i get a bold, and 2 weeks later have to fly outside the country? am i SOL? thats pretty terrible
    That's just to get the free unlock from the carrier. You can get unlocks on the net if your that hard up

01-04-10 08:05 PM
    I'll be trying other methods (such as unlockG), thank you, I'll report back.
    01-04-10 09:14 PM
    Let us know if you need any help getting your phone unlocked!
    01-04-10 10:00 PM
    I have an AT&T Bold 9000 but don't have an account with them anymore. If I give my old acct info would they give me the unlock code?
    02-19-10 10:50 PM
    Usually not, but I have heard crazier stories before. If not we can unlock it for you.

02-19-10 11:03 PM
    I have an AT&T Bold 9000 but don't have an account with them anymore. If I give my old acct info would they give me the unlock code?
    Always worth a try, if not let us know and we can help you unlock it.
    02-20-10 01:07 AM
    Probably not, but you might as well try to get it free..otherwise most of us are reasonably priced enough to get it done for you anyways
    02-20-10 10:57 AM
    Usually they don't give it out if you don't have an account with them.
    02-20-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD