i just got the prehistoric 8703e off ebay with verizon as being the previous carrier.. i current am switching from helio to sprint and was wondering if any of you out there know how to unlock this model to be used for Sprint. if anyone knows or can lead me in the right direction pls let me know. THANKS ALL!
    08-23-08 04:18 PM
    Sorry but CDMA devices don't have the same capability of unlocking as GSM devices do. It is not possible to take a Verizon device and use it on Sprint.
    08-23-08 04:23 PM
    it technically is not unlocking where as with an unlocked phone i can with the change of a sim card go from one carrier to the next but some cdma carriers like metro pcs in florida actually advertise that they can recode phones from other carriers so they can be used on their network. you may want to take it to your local corporate store and just ask the worst you can be told is no but they may have an option but in the future if you think you are going to a carrier look for used phones for that carrier especially when cdma is involved
    08-24-08 09:55 PM
    This is what you need to do:

1. obtain your MSL code
    2. Make sure verizon want to activate unknown ESN (sprint ESN) in their network
    3. Google for a software call qpst, install it in your PC
    4. Uninstall Desktop Manager, and all blackberry software from your PC
    5. download this Custom Action Information
    6. Restart your computer, then go to your Device Manager, and check under Ports (COM & LPT) there should be 2 serial Port for RIM (e.g: COM3 and COM4), now you need to remember the highest number COM port for your blackberry.
    7. Turn off your wireless connection on BB, connect it to your PC via USB, then run Sprint Mobile Broadband
    8. Run QPST Configuration, click on Ports tab and add new port (add your blackberry port, the highest number port)
    9. Then click Start Clients - Service Programming - Select your phone, for phone model select SURF6300-BB
    10. Enter your MSL code, click on Read from Phone
    11. Download verizon prl from here Corolada PRL Page then save it to your computer
    12. back in qpst, click on Roam tab, under preferred roaming, load verizon prl
    13. click on settings tab, change service programming to 000000 (6 zeros)
    14. click write to phone
    15. phone will reboot.
    16 disconnect phone, and call *228 to activate your phone in verizon network

EDIT: sorry, you wanted to do it the other way around (from verizon to sprint), well, it's basically the same method, verizon MSL code is 000000 and download Sprint PRL from the same site
    but you won't be able to activate it under sprint network, because sprint wont activate unknown ESN on their network
    Last edited by wikes82; 08-25-08 at 01:14 PM.
    08-25-08 01:09 PM
    do you know if this is possible for the curve. could i use the sprint 8330 for verizon...
    09-14-08 11:28 PM
    do you know if this is possible for the curve. could i use the sprint 8330 for verizon...

check this link

8330 Blackberry - Mobile Files dot com

apparently some people have luck using QXDM to flash the PRL
    09-15-08 12:40 AM
    Form Engadget Mobile 10/26/2007:

An under-the-radar class action lawsuit against Sprint Nextel is winding its way towards a settlement this week, and it contains a pretty huge concession by Sprint: the company will unlock phones for both current and former customers, and will begin training its customer service reps on how to connect non-Sprint phones to its network. The settlement was tentatively approved by a California judge on October 2, but hasn't had a final approval hearing yet, according to Sprint -- but it's still a huge win for US consumers, who haven't been able to buy mainstream unlocked phones from any of the major carriers. Of course, since Sprint's network is CDMA, unlocked phones will only work on other CDMA carriers like Verizon -- and there's no guarantees those companies will be happy about it -- but at this point we'll take whatever we can get.
    09-22-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD