Thanks. I just came from my local Verizon store (sold out, only had 10) and had a chance to finally see the Storm in person. The Rep told me Verizon wouldnt unlock it, although he had no idea how to do so (I had to show him). Im sure I could pay to have it unlocked through a 3rd party. Still curious if dropping generic TMO browser service books into the phone would allow the browser to work...?
    11-21-08 11:18 AM
    I just got the Storm today.. I currently still have a Tmo account as well and I took out the Verizon/Vodafone (it says both on the sim and I'm in the US) sim card. Anyways, I was just fooling around and I put the Tmo sim in the phone and everything worked normally. It just said that the sim card was invalid, however, everything still worked like it was suppose to.
    11-21-08 11:58 PM
    you can call verizon and tell them your want to use your tmo or att on a trip your taking to another country they will unlock it from what i hear 12 hours to a couple days but i heard people doing it. the phone is very capable of doing it just read the specs
    11-22-08 12:12 AM
    I just got the Storm today.. I currently still have a Tmo account as well and I took out the Verizon/Vodafone (it says both on the sim and I'm in the US) sim card. Anyways, I was just fooling around and I put the Tmo sim in the phone and everything worked normally. It just said that the sim card was invalid, however, everything still worked like it was suppose to.
    Does everything work properly? Specifically the browser and MMS?
    11-22-08 07:20 AM
    hi!!!!!!!!!!!well i have t-mobile but i really wanted a blackberry storm so i bought one unlocked. i put my sim card and everything seems to work ok, but the problem is that i cant use the internet and it says that "your device does not currently have any brownser configuration service book entries. please contact your service provider to enable the brownser on your device"....i went and talked to them but they just said they cant do anything about it. I tried so many things already but nothing....im very dissapointed because i cant recive/send MMS either... i kno there is a way to configure the brownser because i seen people with bb storm with t-mobile and they have internet but i just dont know how. please please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks
    02-22-09 01:45 AM
    HERE is the page that contains the instructions on how to get everything working on Tmobile.
    02-22-09 09:12 AM
    Yup. Read that link and watch my video.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:12 AM
    You can't use a Storm if you have T-mobile.

The storm is only offered (in the US) for CDMA carriers, and Tmobile is a GSM carrier.

The only option you have, as of now, is to order the UK version of the Storm, and unlock it. That will cost about $700USD.

Good Luck!

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! I hate when people talk about something they don't know! I bought my Storm last month with Verizon at around $140 with a new contract. Today I switched to T-Mobile after telling Verizon I'd be leaving the country and I'd need the unlock code. Had to argue with a few techs to do this. After throwing the SIM card in I found that the only things that worked were calls and SMS. Worked some magic and I now have all functions working with my Storm on the T-Mobile Network after a level 3 tech at T-Mobile told me it couldnt be done.

Couldnt be happier!
    04-24-09 01:11 AM
    WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! I hate when people talk about something they don't know! I bought my Storm last month with Verizon at around $140 with a new contract. Today I switched to T-Mobile after telling Verizon I'd be leaving the country and I'd need the unlock code. Had to argue with a few techs to do this. After throwing the SIM card in I found that the only things that worked were calls and SMS. Worked some magic and I now have all functions working with my Storm on the T-Mobile Network after a level 3 tech at T-Mobile told me it couldnt be done.

Couldnt be happier!
    so how did u get all functions working?
    05-26-09 07:17 PM
    so how did u get all functions working?
    Barko had a link he posted in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

I have been using my storm with tmobile for five months now. No issues with browsing, MMS, emails, etc. Everything works great. Solid EDGE connection which isn't the same as 3G, but its consistent. I don't have a problem with calls and SMS either. Everything works great.

Read the tutorial and follow the steps carefully. There are a number of posts with guides on how to unlock your storm for use with ATT and Tmobile.

Good luck.
    05-28-09 10:52 AM
    I need help please................I have the blackberry storm unlock with my Tmobile Sim Card and i am not able to make phone calls only texting and the internet. I try with other Sim Cards and its about the same...\
    What can I do????? I am stressssss
    11-06-09 11:26 AM
    Breathe- either look at the posts above, or look at my blog (link is in my signature)

Follow each step and you can do it.

Do you have the service books, did you change the APN to a tmobile APN,

there are alot of things to check.

In fact I'm going to post a checklist on my blog right now.
    11-06-09 12:05 PM
    If I get a storm, unlock it, apply all the changes to it so that it will "work" on TMO, will it get 3g on TMO's 3G network?

Seriously, I love my 8900, but I have 3G envy!
    12-04-09 07:14 PM
    The Storm's 3G capability is not compatible with Tmo's 3G. We only get EDGE.
    12-04-09 10:52 PM
    I have the storm and im on tmobile...everything works fine for me...
    12-09-09 02:45 PM
    I need help please................I have the blackberry storm unlock with my Tmobile Sim Card and i am not able to make phone calls only texting and the internet. I try with other Sim Cards and its about the same...\
    What can I do????? I am stressssss

What i did was take my bb curve that i had with tmobile and use the bb desktop manager that came with the phone and do a straight up phone data swap...plug one phone via usb and plug the other one in via usb and follow the instructions on desktop manager...i have had no issues and im running mine on the 3g network ...tmobile does edge 3g ...and thats what my phone is displaying...
    12-09-09 02:48 PM
    Hey,
    I've been using the Storm 9530 on TMO for many months now and everything works fine except the 3G, because of the different bands but other than that it all works fine, browser, SMS, apps, and VVM ect........ As long as you follow the tutorials you should be fine.
    12-10-09 06:27 AM
    it will work just fine.i have the storm 9530 originally fron verizon and i unlocked it so i could use it on t-mobile and everithing works the same as it did with verizon,internet everything,from browsing,facebooking,youtube,email,etc,all u got to do is call t-mobile tec support so they can change the browser's settings to t-mobile.
    12-17-09 10:52 PM
    Hey guys i have an Unlocked blackberry storm 2 for tmobile. I downloaded the service books and had everything working for awhile MMS, wifi, tzones etc.....recently the tzones and internet browser disappeared and i can't recieve or send MMS messages. I tried reinstalling the service books but they disappear right away, i took out the battery and gave it a reset still same problem. PLEASE HELP
    01-16-10 09:51 PM
    Hey guys i have an Unlocked blackberry storm 2 for tmobile. I downloaded the service books and had everything working for awhile MMS, wifi, tzones etc.....recently the tzones and internet browser disappeared and i can't recieve or send MMS messages. I tried reinstalling the service books but they disappear right away, i took out the battery and gave it a reset still same problem. PLEASE HELP
    Gotta start with step one, but I would wipe and reload the os the first.
    01-16-10 10:46 PM
    Try wiping handheld and load upgrades if any available.
    01-17-10 10:55 AM
    I did a different post in another area, but it looks like this is where I should be. I am thinking about buying a BlackBerry Storm 2 and using it on T-Mobile. Does anybody happen to know if Slacker Radio would work with something like this? I assume that it would since it looks like it will cache on all BlackBerry devices.
    02-10-10 11:12 PM
    Yes it will work just fine as long as you have a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    02-10-10 11:29 PM
    I did a different post in another area, but it looks like this is where I should be. I am thinking about buying a BlackBerry Storm 2 and using it on T-Mobile. Does anybody happen to know if Slacker Radio would work with something like this? I assume that it would since it looks like it will cache on all BlackBerry devices.
    Yes all 3rd party applications will work if you have a Blackberry Data Plan.
    02-11-10 12:19 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD