Is anyone using a unlocked (Telus?) Storm on Rogers?

Is it going well or problems?

Thanks
    04-01-09 08:49 PM
    one of my body got one unlocked and it works just find with rogers
    04-01-09 08:58 PM
    Mine works well ...its a bell one on rogers...only wish I had 3g on this to stream videos on this big screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 05:28 AM
    Yeah the downfall to having an unlocked one is no 3G.

There's a Storm coming out for Rogers, GSM version soon.
    04-02-09 06:55 AM
    that s what i understood , no 3g since Europe and Canada do not have the same band.. that s sucks
    04-02-09 10:15 AM
    anyone else using a Storm on Rogers with success?
    04-02-09 02:51 PM
    Yeah the downfall to having an unlocked one is no 3G.

There's a Storm coming out for Rogers, GSM version soon.
    Rep informed me that all plans to carry the Storm have been halted. It's a conflict of interest with their contract with Apple. They're trying to find a way around it, and hopefully soon, but when it comes down to it, Rogers would way rather carry the iPhone over the Storm.
    04-02-09 04:09 PM
    it s very likely that the 9900 (bold touch screen) will be released before the storm with rogers.. i might be wrong but for what i understand the storm is not even in production yet...
    04-02-09 04:21 PM
    9520 GSM Storm.

It's in the Storm's thread.

This Bold touch screen isn't even in existance as it is a rumour so far.
    04-02-09 05:40 PM
    where did you guys get it unlocked?
    04-02-09 07:28 PM
    I'm using an unlocked Storm(Telus 9530) and have no issues, other than no
    3G! It's still very fast when it comes to browsing. Used to have a Bold. Will continue to use it until the new BB comes out on Rogers
    04-04-09 10:00 AM
    Won't be for awhile. 9630 won't be coming due to it's currently CDMA-only and again for that "Bold Touchscreen", let's just wait and see lol.

I believe the ETA for a new BB to Rogers (aside the Storm) would be sometime in 2010.
    04-04-09 10:58 PM
    I beleive the bold touchscreen will be an epic fail. The screen will be too small for the touch aspect of it to come into play. A human's fingers are too large to hit the small links that the screen will have. You need a full screen (storm/iphone/etc) phone for the touch aspect to function properly.
    04-05-09 01:15 AM
    I beleive the bold touchscreen will be an epic fail. The screen will be too small for the touch aspect of it to come into play. A human's fingers are too large to hit the small links that the screen will have. You need a full screen (storm/iphone/etc) phone for the touch aspect to function properly.
    people say that all the time about the blackberries keyboards. I have tons of customers that think "their fingers won't fit" or "how do i type on this" and end up having no problems because you develop the ability to use the device, I think the same will be true with the touch screen blackberry that is released.
    04-05-09 02:51 PM
    This is assuming that the screen remains the same size. I think there is currently a lot of confusion/uncertainty/guesswork about the future BBs that are coming out. One report suggested that this touchscreen/keyboard hybrid may have a slide-out keyboard.
    04-12-09 10:01 AM
    I am having issues with my unlocked Telus Storm on Rogers.
    I have an inttermittent connection to BIS.
    My phone is continously swithcing between edge (lowercase) and EDGE (uppercase), with the data is not working while on the lowercase mode.
    Am I missing something to make it work correctly?
    07-16-09 01:27 PM
    sounds more like a sim error. Are you using a 4000 series sim card or a 3040 series sim card?
    07-16-09 08:28 PM
    hello guys,

I used to had an iphone. since i have a 3 year plan i cannot switch,

I decide to buy and unlock a 9650.

The rep told me; there is no way that you can make it work under the Rogers network (spoke with 2); the dataplan will not work since we do not support it.

I cannot even access my email, edge is in lower case and i do not have either access to my voicemail....

Which plan are u with rogers. how did u make it work.

Do i have to change the sim card ?

thanks..

A frustrated new bb user..
    07-17-09 11:18 PM
    hello guys,

I used to had an iphone. since i have a 3 year plan i cannot switch,

I decide to buy and unlock a 9650.

The rep told me; there is no way that you can make it work under the Rogers network (spoke with 2); the dataplan will not work since we do not support it.

I cannot even access my email, edge is in lower case and i do not have either access to my voicemail....

Which plan are u with rogers. how did u make it work.

Do i have to change the sim card ?

thanks..

A frustrated new bb user..
    Well, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but:

1) You will need to get your Telus Storm Unlocked.
    2) Since you already have a plan with Rogers and your iPhone, you should be able to put the SIM card from Rogers into your Telus phone once it's unlocked.
    07-20-09 12:24 AM
    I am having issues with my unlocked Telus Storm on Rogers.
    I have an inttermittent connection to BIS.
    My phone is continously swithcing between edge (lowercase) and EDGE (uppercase), with the data is not working while on the lowercase mode.
    Am I missing something to make it work correctly?
    I have the exact same issue, can somebody please tell me how can I resolve it? If i put it on the vadapon, it works fine..... please help
    07-26-09 10:49 PM
    Well, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but:

1) You will need to get your Telus Storm Unlocked.
    2) Since you already have a plan with Rogers and your iPhone, you should be able to put the SIM card from Rogers into your Telus phone once it's unlocked.
    The only thing you're missing is the SOC code for bb data.
    That way you can have push email and all other blackberry services.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 05:34 AM
    i just bought a telus storm, so all i have to do is unlock it and put my rogers sim card in and i can use everything ie)mms and internet (i have a 8900 right now so i have a data plan)
    07-29-09 08:32 PM
    I took the ebay route... hopefully once I get my storm I'll be able to tell you if it works or not... otherwise I'll just sell it on ebay unlocked.
    08-02-09 07:13 PM
    I'm using an unlocked Telus Storm on Rogers, and it works pretty good. Sometimes it will switch between edge and EDGE, but it usually stays with EDGE. Also, I can't get the GPS to work, but that doesn't really bother me.
    08-04-09 02:05 PM
    to fix the EDGE problem register your service books.....options>advance options>Host Routing Table>click menu button>then Register Now....it may take a couple minutes to get the service book info(or whatever it does).... for GPS go to advanced options>GPS and make sure GPS Services = Location ON and Location Aiding = Enabled

Hope this helps

word to yomotha
    Last edited by yomotha; 08-08-09 at 12:42 AM.
    08-08-09 12:27 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD