I reviewed the other threads but can't get anything to work. My storm constantly turns off the radio connections and then I get a simm card error listing once that happens. I tried changing batteries, didn't help. I upgraded the OS, didn't help. So, I'm lost. I have to pull the battery and replace it then let everything reset about 20 times a day. AT&T is no help (surprise there huh) and I am ready to just make this thing an expensive paperweight. Can anyone help, please? And keep it simple. I'm just a dumb old country boy from Texas.
    Thanks.
    01-16-10 12:20 PM
    Options > Mobile Network:
    While Roaming: On
    Network Technology: GSM/UMTS
    Network Mode: 2G

See if that keeps a signal.

Also, what operating system are you running?
    Last edited by shfjcs; 01-16-10 at 06:13 PM.
    01-16-10 06:04 PM
    V5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128) is that what you are asking about?
    01-16-10 10:18 PM
    Were your settings correct. Did it help keep your signal?
    Do you have the BB data plan?
    01-16-10 11:32 PM
    The only setting that wasn't correct was the 3g which I changed to 2g per your settings. No, it didn't hold a signal. I'm not sure what the BB data plan is that you're talking about. Is this something I need to fix this? If so, how do I get it?

Thanks for the help.
    01-17-10 12:40 AM
    type ##000000 and make sure your blackberry reg id is correct...I have a Storm unlocked and it still had Verizon Network ID 2400 I had to add my carriers and then go to advanced options, host routing table and then blackberry button and click register.
    01-17-10 08:05 AM
    V5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128) is that what you are asking about?
    I think this is the latest approved os by Verizon but since you said you updated the os, you should really try .419. Never mind about the data plan (2G/3G stuff) if you can't get the phone to be a phone first.

When you said the radio turns off, the icon on the top right says OFF or SOS? If it says off, then there is no signal. When you do get a signal, does it say AT&T on the home screen , top middle?

Did you try another sim card (someone elses) or just try reseating yours.

Side bar: does AT&T require (or force) you to have the data plan if they see a BB in service?
    Last edited by shfjcs; 01-17-10 at 02:15 PM.
    01-17-10 11:35 AM
    First, thanks for everything. Second, yes AT&T requires a BB plan (sorry I didn't understand what you were talking about). Third, under host routing table all I have is Cingular forever. Fourth, where do I type in 00000. And finally, where do I find this 419 operating system and download it. I went on BB website and updated the phone and they used the proper AT&T protocol for update so I didn't see anything like that. Did I screw something up when I updated?
    01-17-10 11:04 PM
    First, thanks for everything. Second, yes AT&T requires a BB plan (sorry I didn't understand what you were talking about). Third, under host routing table all I have is Cingular forever. Fourth, where do I type in 00000. Send key, type ##000000 (like you're dialing a number, Send key again. CDMA Service Edit Screen will appear. And finally, where do I find this 419 operating system and download it. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...027FA84709689E I went on BB website and updated the phone and they used the proper AT&T protocol for update so I didn't see anything like that. Did I screw something up when I updated?No
    Do you have a decent phone signal from AT&T now?

I sent you an email - did you get it?
    Last edited by shfjcs; 01-17-10 at 11:37 PM.
    01-17-10 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD