hi, i am using an unlocked bold on a t-mobile network. everything is working ok on the EDGE network. i talked to a t-mobile rep if i could get 3G coverage on the bold. he said i cant because the bb is a at&t product. at&t and t-mobile use different 3g ranges. is it true that if it is unlocked it cant get 3G coverage from t-mobile?
    has anyone found a way to get 3G coverage on an unlocked bold 9000 on the t-mobile network?
    thanks
    12-22-09 11:56 AM
    Won't work.
    12-22-09 12:12 PM
    hi, i am using an unlocked bold on a t-mobile network. everything is working ok on the EDGE network. i talked to a t-mobile rep if i could get 3G coverage on the bold. he said i cant because the bb is a at&t product. at&t and t-mobile use different 3g ranges. is it true that if it is unlocked it cant get 3G coverage from t-mobile?
    has anyone found a way to get 3G coverage on an unlocked bold 9000 on the t-mobile network?
    thanks
    T-Mobile USA uses WCDMA (1700MHz) for 3G Coverage, The Bold does not support this band.

Only certain devices sold by T-Mobile support this, the Bold 9700 supports it, but as of now, it's the only released BlackBerry device to support T-Mobile USA's 3G network.

So yes, Even though I'm in a 3G area, with a 3G capable SIM card, I'm not able to get 3G, You'll need to have a Bold 9700 or other 3G device to do that.
    12-22-09 03:30 PM
    This has been discussed many times
    It has nothing to do with unlocking. It has to do with the difering frequencies used for 3G by the two companies.
    Search the TM forum section

on the BOLD
    ATT=3G
    TM=EDGE

that's it .. for now and likely into the future, unless TM converts to use the same frequencies for 3G as ATT
    Last edited by mandony; 12-22-09 at 03:39 PM.
    12-22-09 03:37 PM
    Correct both networks use different 3G frequencies.
    12-23-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD